Crowne Plaza Terrigal takes out the top honour of ‘NSW Meeting Venue under 500 Delegates’ at this month’s 2016 MEA Industry Awards
Crowne Plaza Terrigal has won the prestigious honour of ‘2016 Winner: NSW Meeting Venue under 500 Delegates’ at this month’s Meetings & Events Australia Awards (MEA Awards), held in Sydney on March 16 2017.
The MEA Industry Awards recognise excellence and best business practice in the Meetings & Events Industry. They encourage industry professionals to excel in the achievement of their business and personal goals, and reward those who achieve outstanding results. The award is judged by a panel of two representatives from the meetings and events industry, as well as an independent consultant from outside the industry. All judgements remain confidential, with each judge independently offering their scores without panel discussion. Judges aren’t allowed to vote for an award that is from their specific area of expertise, ensuring no direct conflict of interest.
Contributing factors that helped Crowne Plaza Terrigal win this award included:
- The hotel’s luxurious resort-style accommodation
- Thirteen meeting spaces, many offering ocean views and natural light – with a combination of both indoor and outdoor venues. Nine of these rooms provide pillar-less space that can accommodate up to 500 guests
- A dedicated and highly trained Meetings Director that tailor packages according to budget and expectation
- An executive chef to design personalised menus that meet the needs and the style of each individual event, from performance supporting health food to indulgent treats, and more
- Leisure being a priority, so that guests are able to maximise their downtime. Including a modern fitness centre, large heated outdoor pool that’s long enough for laps anytime of the year, and the hotel’s proximity to village life and a wide variety of nature and active pursuits on its doorstep
Crowne Plaza Terrigal’s Ryan South, Hotel General Manager, said, “We are very excited to be recognised in this category. Our beachfront property at Terrigal is a great meeting location in an inspired energetic beachside village, and we are supported by a fabulous dedicated team. I am really proud of our hotel team that worked so hard to achieve significant milestones in 2016 and continue to so every day.”
Crowne Plaza Terrigal is located in the heart of Terrigal village, an easy 90-minute drive north of the Sydney CBD. The hotel’s ocean-facing location directly across from Terrigal Beach provides an inspiring backdrop for meetings, conferences and events; delegates and guests are greeted with a peaceful location that is free of city distractions yet allows for rejuvenation, and an environment that naturally relights motivation.
The hotel is surrounded by natural beauty, including pristine beaches, stunning coastline and lush bushland. There are a number of activities and nature pursuits on the hotel’s doorstep, with Crowne Plaza Terrigal offering the opportunity for team building activities that take full advantage of its superb natural surroundings including surfing, fishing, sailing, kayaking, riverboat cruises, horse riding and bushwalking in a variety of National Parks.