Cvent, Inc. , a leading cloud-based platform for meetings and group business, today announced that SocialWall is now being offered to hoteliers and proprietors of special event venues. Launched in June 2014, SocialWall is an interactive social media tool designed to help event organizers compile and display attendee’s social media posts in real-time at any meeting or event. Now, hoteliers can offer SocialWall to planners who are hosting meetings and events at their venue. As a result, hotels can leverage the attendee-generated social media content by showcasing the photos and tweets on their Cvent Supplier Network profile, their website, onsite venue reader boards, and more.
SocialWall is beneficial for hoteliers and proprietors of special event venues for the following additional reasons:
- Attendee-Generated Content: Planners invest heavily in decorating meeting spaces, providing entertainment and creating an immersive experience for attendees. In turn, attendees are capturing their experience and sharing it on social media. SocialWall gives venue owners the ability to leverage this rich attendee-generated content and share it with prospective planners.
- Social Proof: As opposed to staged photography of empty ballrooms, venue owners can build confidence with planners by showing authentic and timely attendee generated content. Rather than relying on generic and outdated imagery, SocialWall provides dynamic content that allows prospects to visualize how ballrooms and meeting spaces can be transformed for their specific type of event.
- Differentiated Event Experience: Venue owners can break away from the pack and make their proposal stand out by offering planners the option of using the hotel’s/special event venue’s SocialWall account at their venue to increase attendee engagement.
“Since its launch last year we’ve received tremendous interest and positive feedback from planners about increased attendee engagement at their meetings and events after leveraging SocialWall,” said Bharet Malhotra, Senior Vice President of Sales at Cvent. “In offering SocialWall to our supplier customers, they will have the opportunity to do the same but also build trust with planners by highlighting their venue using the power of social media which can ultimately increase group business wins.”
SocialWall makes it easy for venues and planners to:
- Create bold visualizations for onsite displays and websites
- Customize displays to meet the look and feel of any brand – color, theme and background
- Moderate content with multiple levels of control and advanced filters
- Bring sponsors and timely announcements to the center of the event conversation with easy insertion of custom posts
“We’re excited to use Cvent’s SocialWall, which helps us create a new engagement experience for today’s meeting planners,” said Bob Haislip, General Manager for Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. “It also gives us a way to assemble and use attendee-generated content in a way that will help us increase our group business.”
To learn more about SocialWall for hoteliers, please click here.