Agents now have just two weeks left in which to fine tune their submission for this year’s Avis Travel Agent Scholarship and put themselves in the running to win a life-changing prize package valued at more than $40,000.
To apply, travel agents simply register at www.avisscholarship.com then send in their answers to a selection of customer-service related questions by 29 August 2016.
As always, the retail travel sector’s most prestigious honour– which this year celebrates its 20th anniversary – is open to any Australian travel agent with a passion for consistently delivering exceptional service.
The 2016 Scholarship recipient will receive:
- two return Qantas Airways Business Class tickets to New York
- six nights’ accommodation in Manhattan, seven days car rental from Avis and appointments with senior executives at Avis World Headquarters in New Jersey, with site visits to US travel agencies
- a scholarship to study at Southern Cross University with financial support of up to $8,000*
- 12 months’ individual membership of Cruise Lines International Association (Australasia) and two tickets to attend Cruise3sixty Australasia in Sydney in 2017**
- a Polonious Resources Personal Profile, Feedback Session and on-call personal/professional coaching for 12 months
- two tickets to the 2017 National Travel Industry Awards Gala Dinner in Sydney (including return flights and overnight accommodation).
In addition, the winner will enjoy a one year honorary position on the Avis Travel Agents Advisory Board.
Finalists for the 2016 Avis Travel Agent Scholarship will be announced on 26 September 2016, with the final judging session taking place on8 November at the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney.
For more information on the 2016 Scholarship please visit www.avisscholarship.com.