Home » Corporate » Currently Reading:

Destination NSW Chair steps down

March 4, 2014 Corporate No Comments Email Email

Minister for Tourism and Major Events, George Souris, announced today that the Chairman of Destination NSW, Mr John Conde AO, has tendered his resignation.

Mr Souris said he accepted Mr Conde’s resignation with great regret.

“John has done a remarkable job overseeing the merger of four organisations to form the Destination NSW Agency.   Under his stewardship the organisation has not only achieved record results for New South Wales, but has assisted us on our journey to double overnight visitor expenditure by the year 2020.

“John’s commercial acumen and passion for New South Wales was certainly brought to the fore during the almost three years he has been in the position”, Mr Souris said.

Mr Souris said that Deputy Chairman, Mr Russell Balding AO, had been made Acting Chairman to ensure the ongoing operation of the Board’s activities.

Destination NSW CEO, Sandra Chipchase, praised Mr Conde’s guidance.

“Destination NSW has been extremely fortunate to have someone of Mr Conde’s experience, integrity and calibre at the helm.   On behalf of the Executive and staff of Destination NSW we thank John for his advice, encouragement and enthusiasm for all aspects of our operations and we wish him well in his other business ventures”.

Comment on this Article:







Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Platinium Partnership

ADVERTISEMENTS

Elite Partnership Sponsors

ADVERTISEMENTS

Premier Partnership Sponsors

ADVERTISEMENTS

Official Media Event Partner

ADVERTISEMENTS

Global Travel media endorses the following travel publication

ADVERTISEMENTS

GLOBAL TRAVEL MEDIA VIDEOS