The world biggest music streaming platform, Spotify, shared on their blog that they have over 40 million listeners who love Discover Weekly, and nearly 5 billion tracks have been streamed since it was launched in June of 2015. Updated every Monday morning, Discover Weekly gives you the best-ever music recommendations, tailored specifically to you and delivered as a weekly mixtape of awesome, completely personalized music. You now have a reason to look forward to Mondays!
Here’s a look at how Spotify users are keeping their listening fresh with Discover Weekly:
- More than half of all Discover Weekly listeners come back the following week.
- More than half of all Discover Weekly listeners stream at least 10 tracks from it each week.
- More than half of Discover Weekly listeners go on to save at least one song to their own playlist.
- Discover Weekly is most popular with the 25-34 age group, closely followed by the 55+ age group.
- The top three genres streamed from Discover Weekly since its launch are 1) pop 2) indietronica 2) indie pop.
Discover Weekly isn’t just about giving listeners personalized music; it’s also benefiting artists and helping them to be, well, discovered. There are over 8,000 artists for whom more than half of their listeners in the last month were from Discover Weekly alone.
Several artists like BØRNS and Halsey have been discovered by over a million new listeners through Discover Weekly. And other artists like Transviolet, TastyTreat, and Safakash — all of whom have over half their monthly listeners coming from Discover Weekly. Over in Hong Kong, successful examples at the top artists list are British singer-songwriter Sam Smith and electronic musician Matthew Koma from the USA. Discover Weekly also boosts songs’ rates where one can see Madilyn Bailey’s I’m Not The Only One and Rixton’s Hotel Ceiling are in the recent top tracks.
A billion thank yous to the fans who have made Discover Weekly a phenomenon. The entire Discover Weekly team couldn’t be more excited about all of the music you discover, listen to and share every day through Discover Weekly.
Here’s to Mondays and even more music discovery. Remember, the more you listen, the better your Discover Weekly gets!