With great summer weather, beautiful beaches, plenty of fish biting, and a fantastic range of events – now is the perfect time to visit South Australian’s favourite holiday playground….Yorke Peninsula.
Yorke Peninsula Tourism Manager Brooke Liebelt encourages everyone to discover the joys of holidaying in their own backyard, and with Yorke Peninsula’s close proximity to Adelaide, you can start your holiday sooner!
“Yorke Peninsula is one of South Australia’s favourite coastal destinations, and there’s plenty to see and do whilst you’re here. You can simply relax, spend time with family and friends, enjoy the sand, sun and fresh sea air. Many people used to holiday here when they were young with their families; we encourage them to rediscover the magic of Yorke Peninsula and share their memories with their children during a coastal holiday to Yorke Peninsula.”
“Summer is a popular time of year for visitors to travel to the region, and many have the misconception that accommodation on Yorke Peninsula is fully booked for the whole holiday period. While a lot of the absolute beachfront properties are booked year to year, there is still plenty of availability throughout the region, especially after the first week of January. We also can occasionally receive the rare cancellation over the Christmas and New year period so it is worth checking with one of our friendly Visitor Information Centres.” said Ms Liebelt.
Yorke Peninsula’s friendly laidback lifestyle makes it a great place to relax and unwind, and enjoy the many fantastic attractions and events in the region. There are a number of new tourism and retail businesses that have opened throughout the year, so be sure to make a visit.
Yorke Peninsula has a variety of accommodation to suit everyone from a lazy beach shack holiday to romantic bed and breakfasts, holiday homes, caravan parks, hotels, motels, farm stays, heritage cottages, luxury apartments, villas and camping.
Add to this the great array of beaches and amazing fishing action to be had from boat, jetty or shore, it all combines to make Yorke Peninsula a great holiday destination; and only a short drive from Adelaide.
Some of the Yorke Peninsula events over the summer months:
• Curramulka Lights – every night until 31 December
• Minlaton Christmas Party – 23 December
• Coobowie Country Craft Show – 27 to 29 December
• National Mosquito Catamaran Sailing Championships , Port Vincent– 29 December to 3 January
• Family Art Time by Roar Art Escapes, Edithburgh – Saturday 31 December
• Stansbury Seaside Market & New Years Eve Fireworks – 31 December
• Copper Coast New Year’s Eve Celebrations, Wallaroo – 31 December
• Port Vincent Gala Day – 1 January • Yorketown Country Market – 5 January
• Warooka Market & Pop-up Op Shop – 7 January
• The Rotary Markets, Kadina -7 & 21 January
• Edithburgh Community Markets – 8 January
• Innes National Park Reef Rambles – 12 & 13 January
• Pepper Tree Twilight Market, Minlaton – 13 January
• Stansbury Seaside Market – 14 January
• Yorkes Surfarama, near Corny Point – 14 January • Ray White Colour Bomb for Bravehearts, Wallaroo – 15 January