Members will earn two points per dollar spent on movie vouchers purchased via qantaspoints.com/movies, with vouchers redeemable at over 200 cinemas around Australia including Hoyts, Event, BCC, Greater Union, and Village cinemas, plus many independent outlets.
Qantas Loyalty CEO Lesley Grant said the new benefit was created as a result of direct member feedback.
“Going to the movies has been rated by our Frequent Flyers as one of their top three interests and given we’re always looking for opportunities to enhance our offering, particularly for youth and families, this seemed like an ideal fit.
“We are focused on helping our 10.7 million members reach their desired rewards faster – continuing to offer new ways to earn Qantas Points is fundamental in that.”
Ms Grant said there was great value in being part of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program even for infrequent travellers.
“We have thousands of opportunities to earn Qantas Points for activities other than flying – from shopping online, buying groceries, filling up your car with fuel, through to purchasing wine and playing golf. And of course there are also thousands of ways to use points, ranging from Business class upgrades right through to over 3,000 products available through the Qantas Store.”
Ms Grant said today’s announcement complements the opportunity to redeem Qantas Points for movie tickets via the Qantas Store.
“It’s great to expand our entertainment offering, giving members the opportunity to earn points for going to the movies and at the same time provide them with the chance to save money on cinema tickets.
“Customers simply buy their movie vouchers online and then take those vouchers to the box office at their chosen participating cinema. The box office will then trade the vouchers for tickets to a movie and eligible session time of the members’ choice,” Ms Grant said.
To celebrate the addition of Qantas Points earn at the movies, Qantas Frequent Flyer members have the chance to win a year’s supply of movie vouchers. Simply purchase movie vouchers via qantaspoints.com/movies to go into the draw – each voucher purchased equals one entry. There will be two winners each week for 10 weeks.
Additional features of Qantas Movies
- Mobile responsive website: book, pay and store digital vouchers (for up to five months) that get scanned at the cinema – no printing of vouchers required for the majority of cinemas. Movie vouchers can be purchased on the spot if desired, using a smart phone. .
- Location smart: find cinemas and session times, closest to you. The Qantas Movies website will detect the user’s location (on desktop computers and mobile devices) and show nearby cinemas and session times.
- Gift vouchers: Buy movie vouchers for friends and family and send them digitally.
- Movie voucher prices range between $8-$15, depending on the cinema.
- A full list of participating cinemas is available at qantaspoints.com/movies.
- Movie vouchers cannot be redeemed for session times after 5pm on Saturdays at Hoyts.
- Full competition terms and conditions available at qantaspoints.com/moviescompetition. Permits: NSW LTPS/15/03781, VIC 15/1108, ACT TP15/05913, SA T15/851. A year’s supply of movie vouchers is defined as four movie vouchers per month for 12 months (i.e. a total of 48 vouchers per winner over 12 months).