Boutique cruise brand Azamara Club Cruises’ is counting down to its epic 102-day World Journey, sailing from Sydney Harbour Bridge to London Tower Bridge in just 500 days.
The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity onboard the 890-guest Azamara Journey begins on 7 March 2018 with a late night departure from Sydney’s famous harbour, and concludes in London on 17 June 2018. The voyage will call in 29 countries along the way, such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Greece, Italy, France, Spain, The Netherlands and more.
“102 days, 60 ports, 29 countries, 18 late nights, 14 overnights and eight AzAmazing Evenings – all without repeating a port. The Azamara Wold Journey truly is a trip of a lifetime, filled with limitless authentic cultural opportunities from one side of the world to the other. And we couldn’t be more thrilled it’s kicking off right here in Australia,” said Adam Armstrong, managing director, Azamara Club Cruises Australia and New Zealand.
With smaller ships that are able to go to places other cruise ships can’t, Azamara differentiates itself – and gains loyal fans – by making destinations the star of the show. Its signature programs encourage guests to take in the sights, sounds and flavours of local cultures in every port. Wherever adventure presents itself, Azamara’s unique Land Discoveriesprograms, including Insider Access, Nights and Cool Places and Cruise Global Eat Local, set the brand apart by inspiring guests to think outside the ship by offering special access to museums, iconic and exclusive attractions, hidden gems, tours, intimate meals and more. Azamara’s signature AzAmazing Evening events bring guests a unique cultural experience complimentary on all voyages seven nights or longer.
The remarkable cruise lets travellers explore half the world from the comfort of a newly revitalised cruise ship, following a multi-million dollar revitalisation earlier this year that left no public space untouched, and all staterooms completely re-worked with a fresh and modern colour palette and brand new furnishings.
Azamara’s World Journey will let travellers discover some of the most intriguing and spectacular destinations, including:
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: Guests will have two full days and an overnight in Ho Chi Minh City. Also known as Saigon, Vietnam’s largest and most exciting city offers exotic food mixed with incredible French colonial architecture, war history sites and a buzzing nightlife. Pop into one of the many fine old tea-houses to catch live music performances of both Vietnamese and international artists. The best way of all to see Ho Chi Minh City is on foot – on foot you’ll also have the chance to try the incredible street food or spot the stately old houses transformed into trendy restaurants serving up fine Vietnamese cuisine.
- Yangon, Myanmar: With three days docked in Yangon, guests will have ample time to see many of the wonders this mystical city has to offer. Its downtown skyline is dominated by the ‘winking wonder’ of Shwedagon Paya, a dazzling Buddhist temple that attracts pilgrims from all over the world.The city also has an eclectic range of museums, art galleries and markets, in which you can take in Myanmar culture and haggle to your heart’s content. The diversity which makes Yangon so architecturally intriguing is also reflected in its restaurants and food, which have plenty of native cuisine but are also heavily influenced by some of the countries that surround Myanmar including Thailand, China and India.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Travellers will have two days and an overnight docked in the city of gold. Considered to be one of the wealthiest cities in the world, there’s luxurious shopping, ultramodern architecture, and even a gold market – Gold Souq – the largest in Arabia.
- Barcelona, Spain: It’s all about the architecture, art and food. Spend a few hours wandering the streets and soaking up the incredible architecture, from the magnificent medieval buildings in the Gothic Quarter to the Modernist movement typified by the work of Antoni Gaudi and his spectacular Sagrada Familia. The Picasso Museum is a must, with the most extensive collection of one of the world’s most famous artists on show, many of which were donated by Picasso himself and his family.
- Lisbon, Portugal: Portugal’s hilly capital is a coastal city known for its cafe culture and soulful Fado music. Top attractions include the imposing São Jorge Castle which offers incredible views which encompasses the old city’s pastel-coloured buildings; Tagus Estuary for the best bird watching in Europe; and the unbelievable Ponte 25 de Abril suspension bridge. For beach lovers, just outside Lisbon you can find a string of Atlantic picturesque beaches, from Cascais to Estoril.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands: With canal lined streets considered more beautiful than Venice, Amsterdam is awash with gorgeous things to see and do. Visit the Van Gough Museum and see some of his most famous works including Sunflowers and his Self Portrait. Cycling is also a way of life in Amsterdam, so hiring a bike and cycling the lovely canals is a must.
It wouldn’t be a world journey without making a couple of high profile appearances. This voyage includes the opportunity to attend both the Cannes Film Festival and Monaco Grand Prix:
- Cannes Film Festival: After taking in the sites of Rome and Florence, guests will head to Cannes. Film enthusiasts will be able to stroll along Le Promenade de la Croisette (the place to see and be seen in Cannes) or choose to sit back and people watch with a glass of rosé at a chic waterfront café.
- Monaco Grand Prix: Speed seekers will enjoy thrills at every turn while in the famous Monte Carlo for Grand Prix. The race brings luxury yachts, buzzing helicopters and of course the rich and famous to witness the race.
Guests who embark on the entire 102-day journey will experience Azamara’s world-class service before they even step onboard. Round trip airfares will be included for all World Journey guests – business class for suite guests and economy air for all other staterooms, as well as one night five-star accommodation in Sydney before the cruise departs. President and CEO Larry Pimentel will host a special celebration to kick off the journey in Sydney. Guests will also receive up to US$1000 onboard credit, unlimited internet, gifts and special onboard events, a free bag of laundry per person every week and excess luggage reimbursement up to $500 per person. Fares start from $39,932 per person, twin share, departing Sydney.
To make a booking or for further information visit www.azamaraclubcruises.com, phone 1800 754 500 or contact your local travel agent.
*Terms & conditions apply – see www.azamaraclubcruises.com for full details.