Travel in Europe – one of the world’s most culturally and deliciously rich destinations – just got even richer. The modern luxe brand Celebrity Cruises has unveiled a stunning line-up of new, unique destination experiences to transform the way discerning travellers experience Europe, in ways that only Celebrity can deliver. These include tours of Greece curated by Celebrity’s own Greek officers; exclusive opportunities to discover tantalising flavours at local markets with an expert chef; adventure-fuelled, destination experiences curated by a world adventurer, and bucket-list tours like racing along the French Riviera in a Lamborghini. All of these and more are only available when traveling with Celebrity.
“We are adding another layer of what makes holidaying with us so special and unique, by introducing exclusive new European destination experiences,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “We are the only modern luxury brand and the only cruise line that delivers all of Europe the way affluent travellers want it – in an authentic, inspiring and truly original way.”
The Real Greece
New and unique for 2016, guests can experience Greece through the lens of Celebrity’s Greek officers. A curated menu of shore excursions have been specially designed and selected by the ship’s officers who call Greece home – these adventures are only available when sailing with Celebrity in Europe.
Guests will soon be able to discover some of the officer’s favourite local spots while exploring one of the seven Greek ports that Celebrity visits. More details will be revealed over the coming weeks.
Chef’s Market Discoveries
Guests can dive deep into the local flavours of Europe with Celebrity’s exclusive new “Chef’s Market Discoveries” shore excursions. Guests are taken on a journey through local markets and shops guided by the onboard chef, who will pick fresh local ingredients for a specially crafted, private dinner that night onboard.
Highlights from the European collection include:
- Meeting local artisans at a food market in Rhodes, Greeceand enjoying delicious homemade Greek specialties at a family tavern
- Escaping to the Botanical Park of Askordalos in Chania, Crete, a paradise for hundreds of plants, and cooking a traditional Cretan dish
- Experiencing how Limoncello, olive oil and mozzarella cheese are made, while traveling from Naples to the Amalfi Coastand Sorrento, Italy
Celebrity has expanded its Uniquely Celebrity excursions for the 2016 Europe season to include:
- Touring Cape Sounian during an overnight stay in Athens, Greece and savouring breathtaking sunset views over the Greek Temple of Poseidon and Aegean coastline
- Visiting the Organic Winery of Assimomitis to learn about wine production in Mykonos, Greecefollowed by a food tasting, accompanied by the ship’s sommelier
Guests looking for an even more personalised experience in Europe can select a Celebrity Exclusive.
- Revelling in the power of 500 horses with a ride along the thrilling switchbacks of the French Riviera in a classic Lamborghini or Ferrari
- Going where the crowds cannot in Mykonos on a private luxury yacht, visiting some of the lesser known beautiful beaches of Mykonos
Adventurer, broadcaster and author Ben Fogle is famed for his immersive travel style. His new curated list of “Great Adventures” for 2016 – only available on Celebrity – include:
- Soft-rafting to re-discover the Tiber River and see Rome, Italy with the eyes of a visitor from over a hundred years ago
- Swimming, cycling, kayaking in Croatia, on an active journey from Dubrovnik, Croatiaalong the Adriatic coastline
Now is also the perfect time to book your Celebrity European summer getaway, with new Oceanview bookings made by 31 March 2016 receiving a free upgrade from Celebrity’s standard Go Big price tier (that makes you eligible for one complimentary optional extra onboard) to the superior Go Better package that gives guests a choice of two of the following complimentary extras: free beverage package, complimentary gratuities, US$150 per person onboard credit or complimentary unlimited internet. New Suite bookings made by 31 March will receive the Go Best option for free, providing all four bonus amenities as well as a premium beverage package upgrade.
Fares start from just $1,196 per person for an Oceanview stateroom or $1,239 per person for a Balcony stateroom for Celebrity Equinox’s seven-night Greece & Italy sailing from Istanbul to Rome departing 18 June 2016, and calling at Mykonos, Greece; Valletta, Malta; Catania Sicily, Italy; and the Amalfi Coast, Italy.
For more information on Celebrity’s incredible experiences across Europe or to book a cruise, visit celebritycruises.com.au, phone 1800 754 500 or contact your local travel agent.