Expedia, the leading global online travel agency, will tomorrow launch a new advertising campaign which puts the fun into travel with viral internet sensation Tat gor. Famous for poking fun at himself while playing video games, Tat gor is the new face of summer travel in a multi-channel marketing campaign that spans TV commercials, outdoor billboards and a series of videos.
Expedia.com.hk collaborates with internet sensation Tat gor to launch a series of promotional campaigns from 20 May
A billboard campaign will be rolled out across Causeway Bay and Mongkok MTR stations from 20 May onwards. Featuring star brands from over 500,000 hotels and 400 airlines offered online, the billboard campaign forms part of a fun competition. The first person who submits all the travel brands featured on the billboard correctly viaexpediawrite.hk will win a HKD 150,000 prize of free flights and hotels for one year.*
The new Expedia TV campaign launches on Friday 22 May, appearing on TVB Jade as well as online. The campaign introduces the offerings on the website delivered by Tat gor in his humorous style. A full series of online clips by Tat gor will also tell the comedic story of his personal travel experiences in places like Yemen and his ‘unique’ approach to travel, these clips will go live on the Expedia Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/user/ExpediaHK) from 2 June, every Tuesday for a month.
“I am really excited to be a part of this project. I love adventure travel and pushing my boundaries. I am really interested in learning about cultures that are totally different to Hong Kong which is why I chose to travel to Yemen in 2009. I always choose to book through online travel agencies such as Expedia as they are flexible and help me to make my dreams of adventure a reality,” said Tat gor.
Marketing Manager of Expedia Hong Kong, June Tsang says, “Here at Expedia, our biggest goal is to inspire travel. We are thrilled to work with internet sensation Tat gor. Through this multi-dimensional campaign we aim to appeal to Hong Kongers through a personality they know and love and show the fun of travel and adventure.”
The campaign is the next chapter in Expedia’s creative advertising focus, building upon the 2014 campaign featuring illustrator Jie Jie.
*Terms and conditions apply. For more details, please visit expediawrite.hk. The campaign will run from 20 May to 16 June.
How users can participate in the game:
- Copy all the hotel names and airline names on the billboards in doc or txt file format and upload tohttp://expediawrite.hk
- Submission must be done before 16 June 2015, 23:59. When users submit the file, they will also need to input personal information.
- The first person to submit an accurate list will be entitled to one year of free travel up to HK$150,000.
- If no users can submit an accurate list, there will be no winner of the game
- The winner will be announced and contacted before 30 June 2015
- The winner will win free flights and hotels for one year from 1 July 2015 until 30 June 2016
- The winner will be entitled to a maximum of HK$12,500 travel credit for each calendar month from 1 July 2015 until 30 June 2016
- The travel credit can only be used for booking packages (flight and hotel)
- The winner has to send an email to book the trip no less than 14 working days before the intended departure date
- The free travel credit is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash
- The free travel credit can only be used by the winner
- Expedia reserves the right to replace the prize with alternative gifts and/or alter the values of the prize without prior notice
- In the event of any dispute arising from this promotion, the decision of Expedia shall be final and conclusive
For a sneak peek of the Expedia TVC, please visit https://youtu.be/ioGSB90FwSs.