Keen for an epic adventure taking you across the diverse landscape of South America? STA has put together an immersive experience that only few travellers get to know and sees you travel through Brazil, Bolivia and Peru.
Not for the faint of heart, this trip requires some physical fitness as it includes high altitude hikes and excursions into the South American wilderness. You will have endless opportunities to spot the local wildlife as well as the extensive nature that scenically surrounds you. Highlights include (but are certainly not limited to) a 4×4 road trip to the Uyuni Salt Flats, visiting the 1000 year old Tiahuanaco Ruins, experience rural Peruvian life and participate in local traditions, and watch the sun rise over the breath taking Machu Picchu after conquering the Inca Trail.
With limitless activities organised for your enjoyment, you are also encouraged to enjoy free days exploring some of the cities your own way. You’ll have many chances to go snorkelling, bike riding or if that’s not your cup of tea simply relax and gaze over all the natural wonders that this vibrant part of South America has to offer.
Prices for the Southern Cross Westbound tour start from $5,524, based on twin-share, if you book before 30th September 2016.
- All accommodation,26n Hotels, 4n overnight buses and trains, 5n Camping, 2 n basic hotel and 1n homestay
- Internal flights and all transport between destinations and activities
- 35 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 7 dinners
- 2-day Pantanal wildlife excursion
- 3-day 4×4 excursion to the Uyuni Salt Flats
- Lake Titicaca guided tour
- 4-day Inca Trail guided hike with cooks and porters
- Machu Picchu guided tour