For the month of December, we’ve 10% of our small group Wild Jungle Safari in North Sumatra, Indonesia leaving in June 2016.
This 12-day Raw Wildlife Encounters (RAW) traditional adventure has it all – hiking into the lush rainforest, river tubing down amazing river ecosystmes, exploring the famous Bat Cave, washing orphan elephants, witnessing wild animals like the Thomas Leaf monkey and getting up close and personal with the ‘man of the forest’, the Sumatran orangutan!
The safari begins at Tangkahan, famous for its community-based ecotourism. On the way, you’ll stop off at Batang Sarangan to explore the local markets and experience the colour and richness of the Karonese culture. You will then spend over a week immersed in an environment that is known for its culinary dishes, rainforest beauty, environments which leave you breath taken. Next stop is at Bukit Lawang, where you’ll aim to witness the wild orangutans in the area along with many more primate species such as the White Handed Gibbon, Thomas Leaf monkey and the wild Rhino Hornbill bird species.
Feedback on our tour this year, describes it as ‘life changing’, and that they had some of the happiest times they’d ever known with the wonderful local people and wildlife in their jungle home!
Throughout the tour, you’ll stay in comfortable eco lodges in both destinations and a waterfall jungle cave.
This 12-day tours includes:
- Bathing and hand-feeding Critically Endangered Orphant elephants
- Witnessing wild Critically Endangered Sumatran orangutans
- River tubing from village to village
- Hiking in the rainforest and spending the night behind a secluded waterfall cave, over 30 foot in height!
- Exploring the Bat Cave Ecosystem, home to thousands of small micro bats.
- Immersing yourself into village culture and enjoying the gracious hospitality of the Karonese people
- Observing a multitude of wildlife, including gibbons, monkeys, elephants, birds and of course the gorgeous orangutans.
There is so much on this jungle safari to experience and learn, as you attune your senses to the wonderful sights and sounds of the stunning Sumatran landscape, whilst leaving your ‘technology’ alone. Your guide for the tour is a wildlife professional, and she will be supported by the local guides of Tangkahan. So escape to the rainforests of North Sumatra in June 2016 for only $3240 single or $3105 twin share.
*Conditions apply. Flights additional. Booking special from now until 31st December, 2016. Four spots left.