Explore the Galapagos Islands Like Never Before with Celebrity Cruises’ Expanded Fleet, New Destination Experiences and All-Inclusive Offerings
Where the fittest survive, modern luxury thrives. Celebrity Cruises has revealed its exciting new cruises onboard its newest ships in one of the most dynamic corners of the world – the Galapagos Islands.
Discerning travellers now have even more options with the addition of two distinct new ships, Celebrity Xploration and Celebrity Xperience, which begin sailing in March 2017, following a refresh for signature modern luxury enhancements. Both ships offer a wide all-inclusive range of indulgences and land excursions while sailing new itineraries. Guests can continue to sail onboard Celebrity’s state-of-the-art 100-passenger Celebrity Xpedition. Together, the three stunning ships will offer six unique itineraries, 15 islands, more than 30 ports of call, and multiple packages to choose from.
Celebrity Xploration and Celebrity Xperience are both uniquely intimate. Ideal for travellers seeking a tight-knit like-minded community, Celebrity’s Xploration is a stylish catamaran featuring eight luxurious staterooms, each with a window or veranda offering unforgettable views. The larger Celebrity Xperience offers a similar modern luxury experience to guests staying in its 24 stylish staterooms. Regardless of the ship, each stateroom features deluxe accommodations with upgraded premium mattresses and pillows, plus luxurious bedding – all to create the most comfortable bed in the Galapagos. In addition, each room will have LCD TVs and high-speed internet service will be available throughout the ship. All holidays feature award-winning shore excursions led by expert naturalists, specially crafted meals, featuring fresh regional seafood and fish, by Celebrity’s Michelin-starred chef. Guests can also enjoy regional coffee, chocolate and other delights, premium spirits, a curated wine list, and service from the best staff at sea.
“With more than 12 years in the Galapagos Islands, guests have told us that we are best-in-class at providing award-winning holidays in this unique corner of the world,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “Now we are offering the trip-of-a-lifetime onboard our newest ships with itineraries featuring ports of call we’ve never visited before and experiences that are exclusive to Celebrity. If a modern luxury holiday in the Galapagos Islands wasn’t on your bucket list before, it definitely should be on it now!”
Onboard Celebrity’s new ships, guests experience some of the most distinctive islands in the world through the ultimate modern luxury lens. Packages range from seven to 15 nights, and feature northern and southern loop itineraries:
- Guests can choose from seven-night, 10-night or 13-night, all-inclusive holidays
- New ports-of-call include Mosquera Islet, Black Turtle Cove, Cerro Brujo, Santa Fe, Darwin Bay and El Barranco – famous for its Prince Philip steps leading to vast seabird colonies of Nazca and Red-Footed Boobies
- Exclusive to Celebrity is a new Xperiential Travel 13-night itinerary. Guests can get up close and personal not only with the Galapagos wildlife but with the people who reside in the islands’ communities. After spending two nights exploring Quito, Ecuador, sailing for seven nights, guests will disembark the ship and begin a three-night experience, which includes:
- Accommodations in a seaside hotel in Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island
- A visit to a local farm or green house to gather provisions that will later be used to prepare an exclusive dinner with a professional chef at a local restaurant
- Time with a local fisherman in search of a special catch of the day for a special dinner with the chef that evening. Guests will learn about responsible tourism that fuels and helps preserve the islands while encountering wild species of fish. After, they can visit a private beach to snorkel and swim
- For the ultimate experience in the Galapagos, guests can charter their own ship for a seven-night, all-inclusive holiday with a variety of choices of pre- and post-cruise experiences
- New ports-of-call include El Barranco, Darwin Bay, Espumilla Beach, Mosquera Islet, Chinese Hat, Kicker Rock, Cerro Brujo, Walls of Tears and Puerto Villamil – the small town home to the Galapagos Giant Tortoise Center
In addition to the two new ships, travellers can continue to sail on the award-winning Celebrity Xpedition with seven, 10, 11 or 15-night, all-inclusive holidays. Launched in 2014 to mark the 10th anniversary of sailing in this region of wonder, immersive and inspiring land excursions exclusive to Celebrity are available to guests sailing on the ship. These experiences range from dining on authentic cuisine prepared by local residents to contributing to the protected islands through the Scalesia Reforestation Project – a unique partnership with the Galapagos National Park.
All sailings are seven night itineraries and can be combined with pre- and post-cruise land experiences, to make them 10-13 night holidays.
Fares for a seven-night Galapagos Outer Loop Itinerary on the original Galapagos ship, Celebrity Xpedition departing on 29 October 2017 start from $5,789pp for an Oceanview room. Fares for a seven-night Galapagos northern loop sailing on Celebrity Xperience departing on 26 August 2017 start from $10, 819pp for an oceanview stateroom.