In New Braunfels fall means bright, temperate days and cool, star-studded nights. In the heart of the Texas Hill Country you can get up close and personal with nature and Texas culture.
It’s one more reason New Braunfels is the perfect place for a great American vacation year around.
“We’re thrilled Luxury Travel Guide will recognize New Braunfels with the 2016 Americas Award for Family Destination of the Year,” said Judy Young, executive director of the Greater New Braunfels Convention & Visitors Center. “The award will be presented November 7 in London. That’s just as we celebrate one of our favorite fall events – Wurstfest, the best 10 days in sausage history.”
An “Oktoberfest-styled” German festival, Wurstfest is full of all kinds of fun like the chicken dance!
There are many other festivals and the sunny mild days are perfect for outdoor activities. You can fish, cycle and run. You can ride a horse or kayak. You can visit the Texas Hill Country wineries or craft beer breweries. There’s live music everywhere and something for everyone:
For festival fanatics:
- 30th Annual Gruene Music & Wine Festival/October 6-9 – It’s a four-day celebration of Texas and Americana music and wine.
- 24th Annual Texas Clay Festival/October 22-23 – Check out more than 60 Texas potters and clay artists.
- Dia De Los Muertos Festival/October 29 – Learn all about it at a fun-packed festival celebrating the Day of the Dead.
- Wurstfest/November 4-13 – USA Today’s readers say it’s one of the best “Oktoberfest” in the nation!
- The Shoebox Shuffle 5K Run/Walk & Children’s 1K Fun Run/October 29 – A family run that starts at Rockin R River Rides in the Gruene Historic District.
- Tour de Gruene cycle races/November 5-6 – Rapids, limestone cliffs and tall bald cypress trees make for a unique road course. Coincides with Wurstfest!
- Chosen Half Marathon & 5K/November 19 – “The prettiest race in Texas” follows the Guadalupe River through the Texas Hill Country.
For music lovers:
- The Marshall Tucker Band/October 8 – The Marshall Tucker Band brings its Southern Rock hits to Gruene Hall.
- JD McPherson/October 14 – Music hailed as an irresistible, slicked-back triumph comes to Gruene Hall.
- Los Lonely Boys/November 4 – Grammy Award-winning Los Lonely Boys put on their singularly powerful live act at Gruene Hall.
For adventurers and outdoor lovers:
- New Braunfels offers fly-fishing for Rainbow Trout, caving, boating and birding.
- Dining and dancing under the stars – Enjoying a meal and a whirl in the biergarten is a New Braunfels tradition.
Add to all that some unique trips back in time. The brand new Stars & Stripes Drive-In Movie Theater takes you back to family night at the drive in. A visit to the oldest bakery, hardware store and dance hall in Texas will conjure up some new memories.
Spend some time in the Texas Hill Country and you’ll find a home in its heart. New Braunfels offers a wide array of accommodations from camping to luxury resorts. It’s small town Texas with a big appetite for welcoming guests. No wonder it’s just been selected Luxury Travel Guide’s Family Destination of the Year – USA, Global Awards 2016 Winner.
For more information see PlayInNewBraunfels. To make a reservation: StayInNewBraunfels