Festival Napa Valley Announces Star-Studded Lineup for Eleventh Annual Culture, Wine and Cuisine Extravaganza July 15-24, 2016
Festival Napa Valley (formerly Festival del Sole), one of America’s premiere summer destination events, presents its Eleventh Season, July 15-24, 2016. The ten-day fete features exclusive engagements by preeminent classical, opera, jazz and dance artists paired with intimate food and wine affairs hosted by the region’s top vintners. Through its free programming and arts education initiatives, the festival seeks to bring the transformative power of the arts to all.
Festival Napa Valley 2016 Highlights
(Visit festivalnapavalley.org to view the full schedule and detailed descriptions)
- Emmy and Tony Award-winning actress and singer Kristin Chenoweth opens the season with an intimate recital at Castello di Amorosa.
- San Francisco Ballet, accompanied by members of the San Francisco Ballet Orchestra, makes its long-anticipated Festival Napa Valley debut.
- An Americana program featuring Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue, Chris Noth narrating Copland’s inspiring Lincoln Portrait, plus a special appearance by legendary soprano Kathleen Battle.
- Far Niente hosts a tribute evening to Season 11 honoree Margrit Mondavi with a grand Italian feast prepared by celebrity chef Lidia Bastianich.
- Jazz legend Sergio Mendes celebrates 50 years of Brasil 66 at the annual “Jazz at the Castello” concert.
- Festival Orchestra NAPA, an all-star ensemble of principal players from the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, New York Philharmonic, the San Francisco Symphony and other leading orchestras, makes its debut.
- Festival favorite Sarah Chang performs Piazzolla’s Four Seasons of Buenos Aires at the Lincoln Theater in Yountville.
- The Festival Gala at Meadowood supports the festival’s Arts for All initiative that provides free and affordable programming along with grants to local schools and arts organizations.
- Renowned baritone Lester Lynch and friends perform American Spirituals at the historic Mont La Salle Chapel in a program also featuring the Young People’s Chorus of NYC.
- The Bouchaine Young Artist Series showcases today’s rising stars with three free concerts at the Jarvis Conservatory.
- Taste of Napa™ celebrates the best of Napa Valley showcasing 70 world-renowned wineries, restaurants, chefs and food artisans.
- The Young People’s Chorus of New York City performs the admission-free 2016 Community Concert. Also appearing, for the first time, young dancers from the Napa Regional Dance Company.
- International opera stars Isabel Leonard and Michael Fabianoheadline the season finale Opera Gala, conducted by Carlo Ponti.
Festival Napa Valley 2016 Event Hosts include Alpha Omega, Auberge du Soleil, Cardinale, Castello di Amorosa, Calistoga Ranch, Cliff Lede Vineyards, Far Niente, Grgich Hills, HALL Wines, Harvest Inn, The Hess Collection, Jarvis Conservatory, Lincoln Theater, Meadowood Napa Valley, Mont La Salle Chapel, The Napa Valley Reserve, Robert Mondavi Winery, Round Hill Estate, Solage Calistoga, Signorello Estate, Spottswoode Estate, V. Sattui Winery and Vintner’s Collective.
Festival Napa Valley 2016 Passes
Festival Napa Valley offers a range of pass options to ensure the entire community has the opportunity to experience and enjoy live performances.
Free Performance Pass: Enjoy admission-free access to the Community Concert featuring the Young People’s Chorus of New York City, and the Bouchaine Young Artist Series at Jarvis Conservatory. Reservations required.
Concert Pass: Watch the world’s leading classical, opera, jazz, and dance artists perform in intimate and unique Napa Valley settings including Castello di Amorosa, Lincoln Theater and Mont La Salle Chapel. Concert Passes start at $45.
Allegro Pass: Experience an evening of music paired with warm Napa Valley hospitality. The Allegro Pass includes premium concert seating and access to After Parties at chic Napa Valley settings. Opening Night Allegro, $275, Solo Allegro Pass (a la carte Lincoln Theater evenings), $149. Quattro Allegro Pass (all four Lincoln Theater evenings), $475.
Patron Pass: Whether for a single day, a weekend, or the entire festival, Patron Pass holders enjoy vintner’s luncheons, winery dinners and other exclusive events. Additional benefits include prime concert seating, valet parking, and concierge services. Passes include a tax-deductible donation. Evening Patron Pass from $850. All Day Patron Pass from $1,000. Multi-Day Patron Pass from $2,700. All-Access Festival Passport, $10,000.
$40 under 40: $40 Concert Passes are available for festivalgoers under 40 to performances at the Lincoln Theater in Yountville.
Student Rate: Festival Napa Valley offers $25 Concert Passes to students 25 years and under (student ID required) to attend performances at the Lincoln Theater in Yountville.
To purchase passes, visit festivalnapavalley.org, call 888.337.6272 or visit the Festival Box Office between 10 am and 4 pm, Monday to Friday, 1850 Soscol Ave., Suite 205 in Napa, CA.