Avis Australia today unveiled the finalists in the 2016 Avis Travel Agent Scholarship, with five consultants from across New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria now vying for the retail travel sector’s most prestigious honour and a prize package valued at more than $40,000.
The Scholarship — which this year celebrates its 20th anniversary — is awarded annually to an Australian travel agent who delivers exceptional customer service. This year’s finalists are:
- Barbara Baron, Sylvania Travel & Cruise (NSW)
- Joanna Tatton, Cruiseabout Noosa (QLD)
- Jeanette Lasek, Travel by Design (NSW)
- Melissa Pointon, MTA Travel (NSW)
- Janene Ferguson, Helloworld South Melbourne (VIC).
The finalists for the 2016 Scholarship will travel to Sydney on 8 November to present to a panel of industry judges, with the winner announced that evening during an awards ceremony at the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney.
The 2016 Scholarship recipient will receive:
- two return Qantas Airways Business Class tickets to New York
- six nights’ accommodation in Manhattan, seven days car rental from Avis and appointments with senior executives at Avis World Headquarters in New Jersey, with site visits to US travel agencies
- a scholarship to study at Southern Cross University with financial support of up to $8,000 (subject to the terms and conditions identified by Southern Cross University)
- 12 months’ individual membership of Cruise Lines International Association (Australasia) and two tickets to attend Cruise3sixty Australasia in Sydney in September 2017
- a Polonious Resources Personal Profile, feedback session and on-call personal/professional coaching for 12 months
- two tickets to the 2017 National Travel Industry Awards Gala Dinner in Sydney (including return flights and overnight accommodation).
In addition, the winner will enjoy a one year honorary position on the Avis Travel Agents Advisory Board.
For more information on the 2016 Scholarship please visit www.avisscholarship.com.