Sydney is considered one of the most beautiful and romantic cities in the world. Hundreds of couples from across Australia and around the globe come to this marvelous city to get married every year.
Take advantage of Sydney’s excellent weather in outdoor wedding venues that feature dramatic views of the harbor, bridge and opera house. Along with amazing scenery, Sydney is a highly desirable wedding location for its imaginative cuisine, luxurious suite and apartment accommodation for your wedding night and honeymoon.
Consider the following tips when your selecting wedding venue in Sydney to make your special day an even more memorable one:
Selecting A Venue
The magnificent vistas that are everywhere you turn in Sydney are a truly memorable backdrop for your wedding day. The Sydney harbor area boasts some of the best wedding venues in the city. In addition to sweeping panoramic views of Sydney’s iconic landmarks, these dramatic garden, park and outdoor settings are some of the most unique wedding venues in Sydney.
Some of the distinctive outdoor wedding venues in Sydney include:
- Below the iconic Harbor Bridge
- The perfectly landscaped Royal Botanic Gardens
- On the banks of the Parramatta River where it flows into Sydney Harbor
- The Battery Lawn at historic Fort Denison
- Clark Island, off Darling Point
- The Rotunda or Rocky Point Island at Balmoral Beach
There are also several indoor settings, such as hotels and other waterfront facilities, with unrivaled views capable of providing five-star services on this special occasion. Many of these locations can also serve as the picturesque backdrop for after-ceremony photos.
Planning your special day
Once you have decided on a fabulous setting, decide which of these unique wedding venues in Sydney is best for your ceremony and reception. Proper planning and preparation will create a day that enables you to focus on enjoying the special moments with your loved one and guests on your wedding day.
- Determine the size of the venue and how many guests it can comfortably accommodate.
- Ensure that you and your guests will have easy access to the location without worrying about parking or transportation. Make sure to check out hotel accommodations around Sydney that will provide convenient access to your venue to avoid hassle. For one, Quay West Suites Sydney provides spacious apartments which are definitely an ideal and convenient venue for your guests. Do check out here for more information.
- Ask whether other events are scheduled nearby on the same day. This will help minimize unwanted distractions that could interfere with the ceremony.
- The best wedding venues in Sydney will have music and audio systems that enable guests to hear the ceremony as well as any entertainment.
Determine which vendors are required and if any special packages are available at these unique wedding venues in Sydney as well as contractual terms, such as deposit, cancellation fees and payment dates