Finnair, one of the longest-operating airlines in the world and a member of the oneworld alliance, has selected Viator, the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities as its preferred partner for destination experiences.
Through the new partnership, Finnair is providing their customers with direct access to Viator’s vast selection of tours, activities, attractions, shore excursions and events in the cities they serve across Asia, Europe and North America. As part of a seamless integration, tours and activities can be booked on Finnair.com through the “Tours and Activities” link via the “Information and Services” tab on the homepage, as well as through pre-trip channels such as confirmation and departure emails.
Examples of experiences Finnair customers can book in some of the airline’s most popular destinations include:
- Bangkok: The Baipai Thai Cooking School Class and a Private Tour of the Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak
- Helsinki: The Helsinki Sightseeing Cruise and Hop On Hop Off Sightseeing Tour
- Paris: A Versailles by Bike Day Tour and Skip the Line tickets for the Eiffel Tower
- St. Petersburg: A Private Russian Cooking Class and a tour of the Peterhof Grand Palace and Gardens with Neva Boat Ride
- Stockholm: A half-day tour of Viking History and the Stockholm City Helicopter Tour
“Our team is continuously seeking ways to innovate as an airline and as a travel company,” said Jarkko Konttinen, Vice President, Product Development & Ancillary Business, Finnair. “By partnering with Viator we’ve capitalized on their expertise in working with major airlines and created a resource our loyal customers can rely on for all of their travel planning needs including flights, car rental, hotel accommodations and now the best tours and destination experiences worldwide.”
“Viator is excited to be partnering with Finnair to provide their millions of customers with access to our extensive and growing selection of tours and activities around the world,” said Ken Frohling, vice president of business development for Viator. “With the company’s expertise across Europe and its significant and growing presence in the Southeast Asia travel market, we look forward to providing our suppliers with expanded access to travellers in those important regions.”