India Association Congress (IAC), the umbrella organisation for associations in India launched the
1st ASSOCIATION EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2015, most coveted and prestigious awards for associations and association leaders and stalwarts to recognize their invaluable contribution in the sector. The awards will be presented at a gala evening on as part of the 5th India Association Congress on 21st August 2015 at The Lalit Ashok, Bengaluru, India.
Prasant Saha, Chairman – India Association Congress announcing the awards said, “Indian Association Congress has been working towards bringing together association leaders and stalwarts from various industries who have supported and contributed tremendously to the success of this conference. Keeping In mind the past success and objective of the conference, this year we have decided to constitute the 1st Association Excellence Award to recognize the contribution of associations and association professionals in their respective fields. Backed up by the global recognition of IAC and its credibility, the Association Excellence Awards will be an unparalleled recognition for the winners. We have empanelled most seasoned and respected professionals in the industry as judges and coupled with exhaustive peer review these awards will make it the most credible and sought after awards.”
The Association Excellence Awards will be presented to associations and association professionals in following categories. The awards have been divided into three segments – Trade Societies, Professional Societies and NGO or Civil Societies:
These awards will be presented to associations based on their work and contribution in taking forward the cause of the sector they represent.
- Best Association Award – This award will recognize overall contribution in taking forward the cause of its sector.
- Best Innovation – This award will recognize innovative practices in terms of coordination between its members, its working and promoting the cause of its sector.
- Best Use of Social Media – This award will recognize optimum utilization of social media and digital platform for coordination between its members, its working and promoting the cause of its sector.
- Best PR campaign – This award will recognize best use of public relations tools to establish connect between its members and their publics.
- Best Social Impact – This award will recognize making a difference in the society at large, together with its members going beyond the profit making activities of the organizations.
- Best International Chapter – This award will recognize the International chapter of an association that has created a bridge between its Indian members and international associates to forge strong bond based on mutual growth principles and has taken its work at par with global standards
These awards will be presented to association professionals and leaders based on their background, notable work and contribution in leading their associations in fulfillment of its objectives:
- Best Association Leadership – This award will recognize CEOs and Heads of associations who have led from the front in their associations in fulfilling its duties.
- Hall of Fame – This award will recognize the stalwarts and leaders who have over the years of their illustrious career brought a paradigm shift in functioning of their associations for the betterment of the sector at large.