A picture is normally worth a thousand words, yet pictures of The Bahamas do the multi-island destination no justice. You’ll simply have to come and see it for yourself, and when you do, we guarantee you’ll fall in love – fall in love with The Islands of The Bahamas and with your partner all over again.
Perhaps you’ll consider these activities to make your trip even more memorable than you had imagined. This Valentine’s Day we’re highlighting five (of many) reasons to fall in love with The Bahamas.
- Your own private beach: When we tell you that gorgeous, secluded beaches are within your reach – we are not kidding. The Bahamas boasts of 700 islands and cays and 16 of them are easily accessible destinations. On every island, you’re bound to find a beach with no one in sight for miles. It’s yours for the day, how will you use it?
- Free swim with the Bimini Dolphins: Surround yourself with the shrieks and screeches of wild dolphins as they speed past you and get lost in the natural blue water; one of the most magical and thrilling experiences to try with your partner. Bimini is only one of five places in the world where you can interact with dolphins in the wild. Not to worry, they’re friendly!
- Surf’s Up: Yes, we’re still talking about The Bahamas. From October to April, Eleuthera’s east coast becomes the spot to find amazing waves. Are you and your significant other seeking some adventure? Check into Surfers Manor, grab your surfboard and paddle into a “hang ten”. Can you picture it? Just you and your honey paddling out into the beautiful Bahamian sunset.
- Explore Grand Bahama’s East End: The city isn’t for everyone and some people prefer fishing spots to casinos or kayaking over beach volleyball. If you and your lover prefer unspoiled white beaches and calm waters, then this activity is for you. This relaxing kayak tour gives you an opportunity to explore the flora, fauna and marine life of Grand Bahama, all on the same tour.
- Wine Lovers Unite: Maybe we’re not Napa Valley but the Graycliff Restaurant, an over 200-year-old colonial mansion in Nassau, has the largest underground wine cellar in the Western Hemisphere. It is said to be one of the best (and most romantic) in the world. Take a tour with your sweetie and steal a few kisses in this romantic intimate cellar. Or book a private candlelit dinner surrounded by over 200,000 bottles of the world’s finest vintage wines.
Looking for more things to love about The Bahamas? Log on to www.Bahamas.com or call 1-800-Bahamas for more information. Happy Valentine’s Day from The Islands of The Bahamas!
The Islands Of The Bahamas have a place in the sun for everyone. Each island has its own personality and attractions for a variety of vacation styles with some of the world’s best golfing, scuba diving, fishing, sailing, boating, as well as, shopping and dining. The destination offers an easily accessible tropical getaway and provides convenience for travelers with preclearance through U.S. customs and immigration, and the Bahamian dollar is on par with the U.S. dollar. Do everything or do nothing, just remember It’s Better in The Bahamas. For travel packages, activities and accommodations information, call 1-800-Bahamas or visit www.Bahamas.com. Look for The Bahamas on the web on Facebook Twitter and YouTube.