On any regular day island life on Saint Lucia is paradisiacal, but during culturally significant days the island truly sparkles with local essence. July’s Saint Lucia Carnival and August’s Chocolate Heritage Month are prime examples of occasions when the community bursts with flavorful fervor. The Capella Marigot Bay Resort & Marina, Saint Lucia, which recently received a multi-million-dollar renovation wants to welcome guests with the following specially-curated experiences:
- Capella Carnival Package: Saint Lucia Carnival, July 15th to 21st, is a celebration and display of Saint Lucian art, culture, music and dance. The Carnival events and parties take place in the lead up to the main stage Carnival pageant. On Carnival Monday and Tuesday revelers, including the Carnival Queen, Calypso Monarch and the Party Monarch take to the streets in a spectacular array of color and music as each band strives to capture the coveted title of “Band of the Year”. Capella’s Carnival Package includes:
– Accommodation for seven nights in a standard room or suite
– Welcome by Capella Personal Assistant at airport on arrival, followed by a welcome beverage and personalized check-in
– Complimentary full breakfast daily in the resort’s signature The Grill at 14*61
– Access to your very own team of Capella Personal Assistants who will arrange all your activities prior to your arrival (you will have their full attention throughout your stay to ensure every detail of your experience is memorable)
– Return water taxi transfer from Marigot Bay to Castries on July 20 and July 21 to take in the sights and absorb the Carnival atmosphere at its height.
The package is available from July 1st through 31st with a minimum of a seven nights stay. Reservations must be cancelled at least five days prior to arrival in order to avoid a penalty.
- Capella Chocolate Heritage Confection: Dating back to the 1700s, cocoa history has played an integral part of Saint Lucia’s heritage, making the Caribbean island a known producer of top-quality cocoa. During August which is Chocolate Heritage Month on the island, Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina is offering thoughtfully-tailored experiences to celebrate the island’s beloved offspring –chocolate. The resorts sweet offerings include:
– “Chocolate Tasting Experience Package”: Enjoy Capella Marigot Bay Resort & Marina’s signature dessert, The Chocolate Tasting Experience, which is derived from hand-selected Trinitario cocoa beans harvested from small cocoa plantation farms within the cocoa belt region of Saint Lucia. These beans are prized by master chocolatiers. The chocolate’s indulging, aromatic and fruity flavor is derived from a selection of local spices and fruits. The bean-to-bar-to-plate process is what simple chocolate should always be about, resulting in a smooth and sophisticated taste on the palate. The package also includes:
o Complimentary daily breakfast; nightly turn down with homemade chocolate goodies and freshly prepared hot chocolate; specially crafted chocolate themed plates included with each meal; one “Chef’s All Things Chocolate Culinary Menu” private dining experience; rum and chocolate pairing experience at the resort’s Rum Cave once during stay; and aprivate guided behind-the-scenes tour at The Rabot Estate’s Chocolate Plantation
o Resort guests should also visit the Rum Cave and the resorts signature restaurant, The Grill at 14⁰61⁰ to indulge in a creative chocolate dessert – Capella Marigot Bay Chocolate Tasting Experience priced at $22
o Valid August 1st – October 31st, 2015.
– “Chocolate Spa Indulgence Package:” Includes one daily 50-minute chocolate spa treatment, one daily 25–minute treatment, full use of the resort’s Auriga spa and complimentary daily breakfast and a daily selection of “Spa” oriented chocolate food items for guests to sample while at the spa. Rates starting from $399 per person, per day based on double occupancy. Valid August 1st – October 31st, 2015
For reservations visit www.capellamarigotbay.com or call toll free +1-877-384-8037.