This Mid-Autumn Festival, indulge in an enticing selection of coveted mooncakes from Michelin three-star Chinese restaurant Lung King Heen and Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong as a tribute to this celestial tradition. Whether looking for the perfect gift for loved ones and business associates or simply treat for oneself, these festive favourites will be a joy for all to savour.
New Offerings from Lung King Heen
Taro and salted egg yolk is the latest addition in a selection of favourite mooncake offerings. This new cake balances the salty flavour of the egg yolk with the slightly sweet and velvety smooth texture of taro. Chinese Executive Chef Chan Yan Tak thoughtfully selects the finest taro from Thailand, where he finds this tuber has a more concentrated flavour with a light, fluffy texture, perfect for kneading fine, silky dough. This delight is certain to sate the appetite of taro lovers.
Old favourites and new classics combine with the Assorted Mini Mooncakes box. Flavours include the white lotus seed with preserved egg and pickled ginger and five nuts and glazed ham, complemented by the new taro and salted egg yolk. It is the perfect treat for those who want it all.
Not to be missed is the highly sought-after cream custard with toasted pine nuts mooncake, a delicacy created by Chef Tak every year since the Hotel opening.
All Lung King Heen mooncakes are handmade by the restaurant chefs with no preservatives. The cakes are elegantly presented in a gift box newly designed by the locally renowned Alan Chan.
Taking inspiration from Chef Tak and his team’s finesse in handcrafting mooncakes, Alan Chan Design created a package that looks and feels more handmade than manufactured; the natural earthy colour palette of the box conveys clean, understated chic. The compartments inside the box are adorned with sketches of Chinese clouds, mountain landscape and a festive poem to pay tribute to Mid-Autumn Festival. The contemporary design complements the purity of the cakes proving that indeed, less is more.
Lung King Heen Mooncakes Selection
- Lung King Heen Cream Custard with Toasted Pine Nuts (mini sized/6 pieces) – HKD 498
- Lung King Heen White Lotus Seed Paste with Preserved Egg and Pickled Ginger (mini sized/ 6 pieces) – HKD 468
- Lung King Heen Five Nuts and Glazed Ham (mini sized/6 pieces) – HKD 468
- Lung King Heen Taro and Salted Egg Yolk (mini sized/6 pieces) – HKD 498
- Lung King Heen Assorted Mini Mooncakes (mini sized/6 pieces; includes pickled ginger/five nuts/taro) – HKD 498
For those who prefer a more traditional flavour, Four Seasons white lotus seed paste mooncakes with double salted egg yolk are the perfect choice.
This year, bulk purchase benefits are available, making Four Seasons mooncakes a great giveaway for corporate clients. Guests who order from now until July 21, 2015 will enjoy an additional 5 percent savings.
- Four Seasons White Lotus Seed Paste with Double Salted Egg Yolk (4 pieces) – HKD 428
Bulk Purchase Benefits:
- 20–50 boxes purchased – 10 percent savings
- 51-100 boxes purchased – 15 percent savings
- 101 boxes or above purchased – 20 percent savings
Mooncakes are best enjoyed with a cup of Chinese tea. Lung King Heen Chinese teas are available for purchase at the Hotel Boutique located on the Ground Floor.
As generations gather for this celebratory occasion, sending festive hampers is a way to express gratitude and love. Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong has created three hampers that include varieties of Lung King Heen handmade delicacies and all-time favourites from the boutique that are sure to be gratefully received.
- Lung King Heen Gourmet Hamper – HKD 2,988
- Lung King Heen Deluxe Hamper – HKD 3,988
- Lung King Heen Ultimate Hamper – HKD 13,888
Mooncakes and hampers are available to order through September 27, 2015, while supplies last. Click here todownload the order form. For further details, call (852) 3196 8708 or email Four Seasons Boutique.