Four Seasons Resort Hualālai, the first and only AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five Star hotel on Hawaii Island, announces Chef Fest, part of the Four Seasons Food and Wine Series. A celebration of high-profile dinners, interactive cooking classes and culinary experiences, the series of events will be held at the Resort November 9-12, 2016 and features some of today’s top celebrity chefs coming together to cook, teach and entertain in an intimate and relaxed beach setting.
Four Seasons Resort Hualālai, the first and only AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five Star hotel on Hawaii Island, announces Chef Fest, a celebration of high-profile dinners, interactive cooking classes and culinary experiences. Taking place November 9-12, 2016 Chef Fest features today’s top celebrity chefs Matthew Accarrino, George Hastings, Jessica Koslow, Ludo Lefebvre, George Mendes and Seamus Mullen cooking, teaching and entertaining in an intimate, luxurious and relaxed beach setting.
Massimo Falsini (executive chef, Four Seasons Resort Hualālai) welcomes an impressive lineup of award-winning celebrity guest chefs, including:
- Matthew Accarrino (SPQR – San Francisco); Michelin Star; Food & Wine Best New Chefs; author of SPQR cookbook
- Chris Hastings (Hot and Hot Fish Club, OvenBird – Birmingham, AL); James Beard Award; Robert Mondavi Culinary Award of Excellence; Iron Chef America; author of The Hot and Hot Fish Club Cookbook)
- Jessica Koslow (Sqirl, Sqirl Away – Los Angeles, CA); Star Chefs Rising Star; Eater L.A.’s Chef of the Year; author ofEverything I want to Eat (2016)
- Ludo Lefebvre (Trois Mec, Petit Trois, Trois Familia, LudoBird – Los Angeles, CA); Chevalier de Arts des Lettres award; Relais & Chateaux – World’s 50 Greatest Chefs; The Taste, Top Chef Masters; author of LudoBites, Recipes and Stories from the Pop-Up Restaurants of Ludo Lefebvre and Crave, A Feast of the Five Senses
- George Mendes (Aldea, Lupulo – New York City); Michelin Star; Food & Wine Best New Chefs, Top Chef Masters; author ofMy Portugal: Recipes and Stories
- Seamus Mullen (Tertulia, El Colmado, El Colmado Butchery – New York City, Sea Containers – London); Chopped, The Next Iron Chef; author of Hero Food
- Cyrille Pannier (executive chef, Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills)
- Christof Syre (executive chef, Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas)
Master Sommeliers Roberto Viernes and Richard Betts from Southern Wine & Spirits will be on hand for wine events and dinners, as well as noted mixologists Julie Reiner and Kyle Reutner.
“Chef Fest is such a special week here at the Resort, where our guests are able to experience the flavors, talents and personalities of some very special guest chefs, wine and spirits experts,” saysRobert Whitfield, regional vice president and general manager of Four Seasons Resort Hualālai. “The energy and excitement is in the air, and these events are truly some of the most fun, intimate and indulgent experiences available anywhere – only matched by the setting and aloha of Hualālai.”
The line-up of events (schedule subject to change) is as follows:
Wednesday, November 9:
6:00 p.m. – Chef Fest Grand Tasting: Join and mingle with our guest chefs as they attend action stations, each presenting small plates paired with wine. This reception-style event is a chance to meet the chefs, winemakers and partners of Chef Fest (as well as local farmers) and taste the bounty of Hawaii Island. Hoku Amphitheater, $85
Thursday, November 10:
8:00 a.m. – Paddle (stand-up and outrigger) and Brunch with chefs. Alaka’i Nalu, $50
11: 00 a.m. – Interactive Cooking Class with Chris Hastings. ‘ULU, $95
2:00 p.m. – Interactive Cooking Class with Seamus Mullen. ‘ULU, $95
4:00 p.m. – Rare Wine Tasting of BOND Estates with director Scott Gould. ‘ULU, $250
6:00 p.m. – Chef Fest Reception & Dinner (Matthew Accarrino, Ludo Lefebvre, George Mendes, Cyrille Pannier and Massimo Falsini.) Beach Tree, $175 with wine
Friday, November 11:
11:00 a.m. – Interactive Cooking Class & Lunch with Matthew Accarrino. Beach Tree, $95
2:00 p.m. – Interactive Cooking Class with George Mendes. ‘ULU, $95
6:00 p.m. – Chef Fest Reception & Beach Cookout (Chris Hastings, Jessica Koslow, Seamus Mullen, Christof Syre and Massimo Falsini.) Kumukea Beach, $175 with wine and cocktails
Saturday, November 12:
11:30 a.m. – Interactive Cooking Class with Ludo Lefebvre. ‘ULU, $95
2:00 p.m. – Interactive Cooking Class with Jessica Koslow. ‘ULU, $95
6:00 p.m. – Chef Fest Reception, Gala Dinner & After-Party featuring all chefs and guest winemaker. ‘ULU, $250 with wine
Guests are invited to book the Taste of Chef Fest package:
- Five-night package: available between November 6 – November 15, 2016, includes luxurious accommodations in Ocean View and above room categories; and a Resort Credit of $750, which guests may apply towards any of the Chef Fest events throughout the week.
This year’s sponsors include HILuxury; Patrón; Southern Wine & Spirits; Stolichnaya; and United Airlines. More information on Chef Fest can be found at www.foodandwinehualalai.com. For reservations, please call toll-free (888) 340-5662, contact your travel professional (chain code FS) or visit the Resort online.