From Golden Leaves to Gorgeous Golf in the Galena Territory Visitors, Residents Discover Adventure Amidst Stunning Fall Scenery
Whether guests zipline at 40 miles-per-hour through the treetops, drive a ball down the fairway on a world-class golf course, or soar during a breathtaking balloon ride, they’ll be relishing more than 6,800 acres of the most amazing hills, valleys, rivers and lakes in the Midwest.
“Even those familiar with The Galena Territory are going to be delighted with all the ways to enjoy this place at one of the most beautiful times of the year,” said Thomas Ruhs, general manager at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa, the resort and vacation destination that resides in The Galena Territory. “We’ve partnered with more local businesses and the community so couples and families can have a fall adventure or relax and unwind.”
Fall in The Galena Territory, Lake Galena
Upcoming events and activities in The Galena Territory and surrounding area include:
- Hiking and biking. Surrounded by more over 20 miles of wilderness and paved hiking and biking trails, The Galina Territory is a show-off in the fall. Guests can take advantage of the many bike trails aboard their own wheels or those available, free of charge, at the resort.
- Horseback riding. Trail rides and lessons at the Shenandoah Riding Center. With 40-miles of groomed riding trails, Shenandoah offers something for riders of all experience levels, from beginner to advanced. Sleigh rides start when the weather turns cold.
- Scrapbook Weekend, Nov. 18 – Nov. 20. Avid scrapbookers unite to get away from it all and create beautiful memories. The special package from Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa includes meals, a dedicated workspace, and creative consultants.
- Thanksgiving week, Nov. 23 – 26. One of the Midwest’s largest Thanksgiving Feasts in the Eagle Ridge Ballroom has become an annual tradition. Or, those wishing for a smaller family event can order to have the feast delivered to their hotel room or villa by friendly Pilgrims and Native Americans. Crafts and family activities continue all week, and even Santa makes a special appearance.
- Ballooning. Galena On The Fly lifts guests up-up-and-away over the rolling hills of The Galena Territory and historic downtown Galena. Seasonal and weather permitting, rides depart at sunrise and sunset directly from Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa with an experienced pilot who will take guests on a panoramic tri-state tour from an eagle’s point of view.
- Golf at one of four championship courses, all of which have been restored to their original design within the last three years. Open as along as possible until winter weather sets in.
- FootGolf, a combination of soccer and golf. This growing sport is fun for the whole family. Played with a regulation #5 soccer ball, players advance through 18 holes aiming for 21-inch diameter cups.
- Ziplining. A tour through the treetops with the Long Hollow Canopy Tours takes guests through progressively longer and higher ziplines, reaching speeds up to 40 miles an hour. The tour includes a rappel down two platforms and a 140-foot sky bridge. Zipling is seasonal and weather permitting.
- Boating and fishing. The banks of Lake Galena offer the opportunity to take a leisurely cruise on one of the resort’s pontoon boats, paddleboats, kayaks or canoes. Guests can also fish with their own gear, or bring rent a rod and reel from the resort.