Galaxy Entertainment Group Officially Opens A New Chapter For Galaxy Macau And Broadway Macau A Milestone For Macau’s Tourism Industry
Galaxy Entertainment Group Limited (“GEG” or “the Group”) (HKEx stock code: 27), one of Asia’s leading gaming and entertainment corporations, is today scheduled to open its doors on the highly anticipated and greatly expanded Galaxy Macau™ resort and the brand new Broadway Macau. Billed as the Most Spectacular Entertainment and Leisure Destination in the World, the opening marks HK$43 billion of a HK$100 billion planned investment by the Group in Macau. It is also the first major resort opening in Macau since 2012, marking a new milestone for the city.
To welcome a new chapter in the Group’s history, a grand opening ceremony will take place later today attended by thousands of VIPs,community leaders and celebrities. Later, Broadway Macau will throw Macau’s biggest street party this year at the property’s brand new and first-to-Macau open-air landmark destination, The Broadway. Here, over 40 F&B and 20 retail outlets, of which 60% are Macanese owned and operated, will showcase the very best in Macau cuisine. Performers will provide up-close-and-personal entertainment supported by local entertainers on the unique ‘Band on the Run’ stage – a mobile performance venue and another first for Macau.
In just four years the resort has doubled in size. Currently standing at 1.1 million square meters it now offers an unlimited experience of world-class attractions and entertainment. The holistic experience has beendesigned to appeal to an increased variety of guests across Asia and the world, including the ever mobile emerging middle class in China, whose love of travel and integrated resort experiences has inspired the brand new offerings at Galaxy Macau and Broadway Macau.
Speaking at today’s press conference Dr. Lui Che-woo, Chairman of GEG, said:
“We have a firm commitment to contribute to the diversification of the region’s leisure and entertainment industry. We also promised to develop and nurture local talent and promote local culture to support the economy. Rooted in Macau, we are aligned with the Central government’s vision to help the territory fulfill its potential as a “World Center of Tourism and Leisure”, contributing to Macau’s long-term growth.”
The unveiling of Galaxy Macau and Broadway Macau’s new attractions are perfectly timed to meet the changing needs of the market:
- Galaxy Macau is now the first and only resort in Macau to offer six world-class hotels in a single destination, providing close to 4,000 rooms, suites and villas plus two spas:
o The Ritz-Carlton’s first All-Suite hotel, The Ritz-Carlton, Macau with over 250 suites;
o Asia’s largest JW Marriott, JW Marriott Hotel Macau with over 1,000 rooms;
o Broadway Hotel offering 320 well-appointed rooms;
o Complimented bythree multi-award winning world-class hotels: Banyan Tree Macau, Hotel Okura Macau and Galaxy Hotel™;
- An expanded Grand Resort Deck at 75,000 square meters now features the world’s longest Skytop Adventure Rapids at 575meters and the world’s largest Skytop Wave Pool, sure to be a hit with families and the young at heart
- Broadway Macau delivers a new landmark destination for Macau adjoining Galaxy Macau as an integral part of the entire resort offering and only a 90 second walk via air-conditioned footbridge
o Its vibrant street and entertainment district, The Broadway, will showcase the creativity and artistry of the people of Macau with live entertainers and street-style vendors serving local cuisine and souvenirs and is a first for Macau
o The Broadway has 40 F&B outlets, with the majority being Macanese owned and operated, plus 20 retail stores with many specializing in typical Macanese treats such as peanut candy, almond biscuits and ginger milk curd
- The Promenade, a shopping destination and café society for the style community, connects Galaxy Macau Phase 1 and Phase 2 and features over 200 luxury and lifestyle retail brands including over 30 first-to-Macau brands
- The largest andmost diverse selection of food and beverage in a single destination in Macau with over 120 outlets offering authentic pan-Asian and world class dining experiences including many local cuisines and eight Michelin standard restaurant brands, of which many are first to Macau
- The new 3,000 seat Broadway Theatre willshowcase the best in up-close-and-personal entertainment with upcoming liveperformances from classic singers Fei Yu Qing and Liza Wang, soft rock band Michael Learns to Rock’ 25 Live, followed by famous pop singer Sun Nan’s concert with friends Leo Ku and Kit Chan during June
- An unrivalled portfolio both in Macau and across the Pearl River Delta of unique venues and experiences for meetings, incentives and banquets – catering for up to 3,000 guests
- Added to existing iconic and world class entertainment attractions including:
o Macau’s most luxurious 10 screen 3D Cineplex – UA Galaxy Cinemas – which will soon feature the revolutionaryD-BOX MFX Cinema System, a chair that enables viewers to experience the action on the screen with a thrilling range of front-to-back, side-to-side and up-and-down motions – a first for Macau
o The 1930’s Shanghai inspired award winning performance lounge CHINA ROUGE
The new resort offering underlines the Group’s commitment to help the territory fulfill its potential as a “World Center of Tourism and Leisure” and to develop and nurture local talent and promote local culture. It also underlines Galaxy Macau’s leadership position as purveyor of lifestyle in Macau, which since 2011 has seen the resort win close to 300 awards and now, with these new entertainment and leisure facilities, the possibilities for future success and a colorful new world of experiences at Galaxy Macau and Broadway Macau are limitless.