Gili Lankanfushi Unveils Its Secret Wedding Experience – the Most Intimate Way for Couples to Say “I Do” in the Maldives
The award-winning luxury resort Gili Lankanfushi has announced the introduction of a brand new ‘Secret Wedding Experience’, the first of its kind in the Maldives, designed for couples looking to celebrate their vows in the most intimate setting possible.
The concept has been created in response to a growing number of requests for boutique weddings at the resort, which reflects the upward global trend for destination, luxury elopements.
Steven Phillips, General Manager at Gili Lankanfushi said: “It’s long been known that planning a wedding can be a lengthy and anxious experience filled with stressful decisions like choosing the right venue and having to filter down a long guest list. So, in the true spirit of Gili Lankanfushi, and in response to what couples have been telling us, we have created a simple, private and relaxing alternative. Our Secret Wedding Experience is perfect for those looking to say ‘I do’ privately, in the most peaceful and luxurious settings – letting us do all the hard work, so they can simply relax and enjoy every moment with us.”
Surrounded by Gili Lankanfushi’s sparkling turquoise lagoon waters, couples can secretly ‘tie the knot’* and will receive a special blessing from a local Maldivian cleric. Afterwards a traditional Bodu Beru Band will sing personalised love songs, before the couple sail off into the sunset aboard the resort’s stunning traditional Dhoni boat.
The Secret Wedding Experience has been designed to completely minimise stress. Ahead of arrival, the team at Gili Lankanfushi will consult with the couple about the exact details and then manage a bespoke itinerary throughout their stay, meaning they do not have to worry about arranging anything when they arrive.
Each couple will be matched with their own Mr./Ms. Friday – a personal assistant, friend and secret wedding planner, who will be on hand to tend to the couple’s every need and to provide a calm, clear and flexible schedule for the wedding day and the duration of their stay.
The Secret Wedding Experience includes:
• Bridal hair and make-up: Beauty specialists at the resort are on hand to ensure the bride looks exactly as she would like to on her special day
• Wedding ceremony: Couples can tie the knot in Gili Lankanfushi’s Lagoon Champa – the most private pavilion in the resort, far from view and reachable only by boat. Other locations around the resort are also available
• Music: Gili Lankanfushi’s captivating local all-male Bodu Beru Band will perform love songs for the couple before and after their wedding ceremony
• Champagne, canapes and cruising: The couple will sip champagne and eat exquisite canapes aboard the resort’s traditional Dhoni boat as the sun sets around them
• Photography: An expert photographer will capture the day and package the images into a digital or printed photobook on request
• Wedding ‘breakfast’ dinner: Gili Lankanfushi’s expert chefs will create a bespoke menu for the couple based on their favourite dishes, and this is served on One Palm Island – the resort’s most iconic and romantic destination – surrounded by 1000 candles and glistening lanterns
• Sleeping under the stars: For a wedding night to remember, the resort will set up a special bed on the rooftop of the couple’s private accommodation, so they can spend the night underneath the stars
Additionally, throughout the duration of their stay, couples will experience the most romantic aspects of this incredible resort including:
• Couples post wedding pamper: A 90 minute massage in the award-winning and recently upgraded Meera Spa
• Wine pairing experience: Exquisite private wine dinner in either the Underground Wine Cellar or up in the trees at the 360 table in the Organic Garden
• Jungle cinema experience: A private screening of your favourite movie with a chocolate fountain and strawberries
• Couple’s Surf or Scuba Discovery: Learning a new skill together by taking a lagoon lesson with Tropicsurf or do a scuba diving introductory course with Ocean Paradise
Secret Wedding Experience couples are hosted in Gili Lankanfushi’s standalone overwater Crusoe Residences – the perfect location when it comes to providing complete privacy, including private overwater hammock, overwater sundeck and rooftop terrace with daybed for complete relaxation. The properties have the best views of the sunset and can be accessed by private motorboat.
A Secret Wedding Experience starts at US $13,489 based on a four night stay for 2 persons (accommodation and breakfast basis) excluding taxes.