Great Beach Drive 4WD Tours has been launched to provide guided tours of one of Australia’s most remarkable stretches of beach ‘highway’ – the Great Beach Drive, which connects the Sunshine Coast’s Noosa to Rainbow Beach.
A division of Surf & Sand Safaris, Great Beach Drive 4WD Tours is the only dedicated Noosa to Rainbow Beach tour operator, and offers one-day, overnight and private tours.
Tours depart daily and are conducted by Advanced Eco Certified guides who unlock the secrets of this remarkable coastal strip. The tour takes in Rainbow Beach’s legendary coloured sands, serene Honeymoon Bay, Red Canyon where the red and yellow sands form this unique pinnacle in the sand dunes, Carlo Sandblow, a pristine rainforest at Freshwater and Double Island Point Lighthouse.
This 70km stretch of the Pacific coastline features two UNESCO Biosphere Reserves side-by-side, with the Great Sandy Biosphere and Noosa Biosphere offering a unique combination of both beach and bushland.
· Double Island Point Lighthouse (which Great Beach Drive 4WD Tours has exclusive access to) offers breathtaking 360-degree views across the Pacific Ocean and Great Sandy National Park, providing regular opportunities to view pods of dolphins, turtles, sharks, manta rays and the majestic Humpback Whales (from June to October).
· The world famous Coloured Sands of Rainbow Beach offer more than 40 different shades of colour. The tour includes a demonstration of the traditional techniques used by the Aboriginal Gubbi Gubbi people to create artwork and decorate boomerangs.
· Honeymoon Bay is a spectacular saltwater lagoon with some of the most scenic landscapes in Australia. Here people can enjoy a refreshing swim in the protected waters of the bay, or body surf on the longest right hand breaks in Australia all year round.
• Pick and drop off from designated Sunshine Coast accommodation
• Transport in an air conditioned 4WD wagon or 4x4WD mini-bus
• Advanced Eco Certified Tour Guide
• Coloured Sands Demonstration
• Lunch and Refreshments
• National Park and Ferry Fees
In addition to the small group tours, there is also the option to book a private tour experience, with the freedom to design a tailor-made adventure. Also, two day tours with overnight accommodation at Rainbow Beach can be organised.