Half of Singapore-based Travellers Would Satiate Their Eye Candy Craving in Korea or Italy, Reveals ZUJI Poll
Are Italian goods and sassy Koreans all that when it comes to satiating your eye candy fill? Apparently 51% of Singaporeans think so, according to the latest ZUJI-dex announcement by ZUJI Singapore, the region’s leading online travel agent. Themed ‘Top Picks Around The World’, 511 Singapore-based travellers participated in the poll, responding to a series of options for their favourite go-to spots globally for experiences, sights, adventure, and food.
The on-going initiative details Singapore travellers’ preferences obtained by polls, and travel insights based on booking data from ZUJI. The following findings were uncovered:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
- When it comes to satiating their eye candy fixation, South Korea (26%) and Italy (25%) seem to be the go-to countries among Singapore-based travellers.
- With sassy K-Pop stars, it’s no wonder men (33.2%) chose South Korea as their top place to check out the chicks. The Korean fever has certainly boosted Seoul’s popularity to be one of the top destinations for ZUJI. Women (30.8%), on the other hand, prefer them to be “made in Italy”, just like their luxury goods.
- Despite Colombia being known for their gorgeous Miss Universe contestants and men with chiselled looks, only 5% of Singapore travellers would go to Colombia for their fill of eye candy.
- With rising waters in our warming climate, islands and cities will slowly disappear, but Singapore travellers agree that Maldives (40%) is the spot to visit before it does!
- With gondolas to keep the romance alive, Venice, Italy, came in second (30%) despite suffering from floods in the past few years. Tied at third place were the Dead Sea and Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
- Italy holds the crown for the best architecture destination with its Leaning Tower of Pisa, taking up a third of Singapore’s votes (33%). The battle for second place came to a close fight, with Istanbul’s Hagia Sofia and Moscow’s Kremlin tying at 23%.
- However, between the sexes, men selected Moscow (26.6%) for an architecture adventure, while women preferred Italy (40%). Despite being the third highest destination being booked on ZUJI, Kuala Lumpur’s Petronas Towers was the least favourite amongst its contenders.
Adrenaline junkies and the great outdoors
- Top destination for jumping out of a plane is Switzerland (41%), popular among adventure sports enthusiasts and the place to sky dive among Singapore travellers. Coincidentally, ZUJI has also seen a 20% increase in bookings to Switzerland. Idyllic Hawaii, USA, and Sydney, Australia, came in second and third place respectively.
- Switzerland wins the battle for adventure sports again! With 38% of Singapore-based travellers opting for the Matterhorn when it comes to their top mountain to climb. Japan’s Mount Fuji comes in second (30%), while Nepal’s icon, Mount Everest (21%) comes in third.
- When it comes to theme parks and adrenaline rushes, more than half of Singapore-based travellers selected USA (57%) as the place to be with Universal Studios, Six Flags and Disney World. Coming in second was Japan (20%), which has also increased in popularity with a boost of 80% in bookings for Tokyo on ZUJI.
Eat and shop till you drop
- It’s a tough fight for street food, but Taipei (42%) reigns as the champion with its fried chicken and stinky tofu. Close behind is the ever spicy Bangkok (37%).
- Frites and waffles seemed to be the least popular street food of choice, leaving Brussels, Belgium coming in as the least favourite.
- Say what you want, but New York is still the fashion capital of the world and the reigning champion for outlet shopping with 39% of the votes. Despite being a city that loves its brands, Italy (12%) was the least favourite for outlet shopping.
Of road trips and festivals
- When it comes to partying at a local festival, the rocking party capital – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, comes up tops for their Carnival festival, taking a third (33%) of Singapore’s votes!
- Let’s not forget that our love of beer unites us, with Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, coming in as a popular second favourite (28%). According to ZUJI data, there’s been a 25% increase in bookings to Germany which could be attributed to more direct flights and new Singapore Airlines flights to Dusseldorf.
- Coming in third for festivals is the wet and wild Songkran festival in Chiang Mai, Thailand (23%)
- When it comes to road trips, New Zealand’s South Island road takes the cake with close to half (43%) of votes. Could it be the appeal of sheep-spotting or the increase in direct flights to New Zealand? Second up with Australia’s Great Ocean Road with a quarter of the votes, with its tranquil sea breeze and variety of animal and fruit farms along the way too.
Why not make a trip to one of these top picks for your upcoming holiday? From 2 – 15 May 2016, grab an amazing deal from ZUJI flash sales to these top-rated cities. You’ll also enjoy exclusive flight and package rebates, hotel coupon codes, and other travel perks too! Check out www.zuji.com.sg/hotpicks for more details.