Heading To Greece? Allianz Global Assistance Offers Australians Tips For A Safe And Enjoyable Journey
Allianz Global Assistance is leveraging its global network to help ensure Australian travellers continue to have access to essential assistance services during the Greek financial crisis.
A leader in travel assistance services, Allianz Global Assistance advises holidaymakers to take precautions and read the small print of their travel insurance policy, but not to discount Greece as a holiday destination.
Top tips for travelling to Greece:
- Many major travel insurance policies include Cancellation Cover, which commonly applies to very specific, unexpected life events such as the policyholder losing his/her job, falling ill or suffering an injury after purchasing the policy. Cancellation Cover should not be confused with “Disinclination to Travel” (changing your mind), which most travel insurance policies do not So before you book your flights and/or accommodation, be sure you are serious about your travel plans and will not change your mind.
- Once booked, any agreement that a Travel Agent or Tour Operator makes with a traveller to transfer their holiday from Greece to another country may be at the discretion of the Agent or Operator concerned. Be sure to carefully read all terms and conditions when you book.
- While there are currently no restrictions on international card withdrawals, there are reports that some ATMs have run out of cash. Consider taking enough cash with you (smaller denominations where possible) to cover your needs and any unexpected delays and emergencies. But as always, exercise caution and be aware of your personal security when carrying cash and valuables. Also, check your travel insurance policy carefully, as limits general apply to claims involving stolen cash.
- A successful holiday requires vigilance and making decision making. Pickpockets and thieves will know that tourists are carrying extra cash and they will be on the lookout for them. So, safeguard your personal security by keeping your valuables and extra cash in the hotel safe.
- Ideally, and in addition to cash, carry a second means of payment (a debit or credit card) with you when you go out.
- Carry the contact number of your Travel Agent or Tour Operator with you whilst travelling abroad. It is also a good idea to bring along a copy of your correspondence and insurance policy details.
For more information on Allianz Global Assistance, please visit www.allianz-assisance.com.au