Hong Kong’s flourishing arts scene comes to fruition each March with an inspirational spectrum of events. From opera to ballet, from art installations to seminars, there’s something to suit all tastes – whether you’re a connoisseur or simply a dabbler.
Sample of key events:
- The 44th Hong Kong Arts Festival – 19 Feb to 20 March 2016
- Art Basel – 24-26 March 2016
- M+ Sigg Collection: Four Decades of Chinese Contemporary Art – 23 Feb to 5 April 2016
- Art Central – 23-26 March 2016
Aside from enjoying exhibitions and performances, take a stroll around town to discover beauty and creativity out in the open.
Some arty spaces to try this month:
- MTR Central Station – Hop off the MTR Central Station (exit J) and you will find artwork resident artists of the Jockey Club Creative Arts Centre.
- Hollywood Road – Make your way down Hollywood Road to see heritage sites and architecture of ‘old’ Hong Kong, as well as galleries of every genre.
- South Island Cultural District – Immerse yourself in the hidden art haven of Hong Kong’s south side, see creative spaces popping-up in industrial buildings, all within walking distance.
SoHo Gallery Walk
English tour every Saturday at 11am
To book click here – https://www.klook.com/activity/3-soho-gallery-walk-hong-kong/
Enrich your experience of Hong Kong as an up-and-coming art hub by getting to know more about local and international artists, and gaining an insight into artwork valuation and auction secrets! This walk gives you an introduction to art galleries and heritage sites along Hollywood Road and South Island Cultural District.
*Added during March – free street art walk included in the SoHo Gallery Walk tour.