Timbers Resorts today announces the opening of its highly anticipated European property, Hotel Castello di Casole.
A former 10th century castle turned 41-suite boutique hotel, Hotel Castello di Casole – A Timbers Resorts Hotel & Residences, is located at the pinnacle of the company’s 4,200-acre private estate ideally located in Tuscany, Italy, within an hour of Florence, Siena and the Chianti and Montalcino wine regions. Hotel Castello di Casole offers guests rustic Tuscan elegance in a spectacular setting featuring over 100 acres of vineyards and olive groves, a model game reserve, a state-of-the-art wellness center and some of the region’s finest cuisine.
“The opening of Hotel Castello di Casole is a very proud moment for the entire Timbers Resorts and Castello di Casole teams,” said David Burden CEO & founder of Timbers Resorts. “Being a part of this extraordinary castle’s restoration has been a highlight of my career. The estate and hotel epitomize the best of the Timbers Resorts brand and hospitality and will be a gem in our portfolio for many years to come.”
Once a castle home to Italian nobility, Hotel Castello di Casole’s 41 suites – featuring five unique styles – blend grand Italian design with custom-made Tuscan furnishings, complementing the region’s landscape and history. With breathtaking panoramic views, 14 of the hotel’s suites also offer large private gardens and terraces with floor to ceiling windows overlooking acres of vineyards and lemon and olive trees.
“Our aspiration to open a premier hotel in one of the world’s most sought after destinations is realized today,” said Bart Spoorenberg, general manager of Castello di Casole. “True to the Timbers Resorts brand, guests of our hotel will experience the fine art of hospitality with unparalleled amenities and personalized service. Whether enjoying the sweeping views of the Tuscan countryside from the pool or learning to cook Italian cuisine, the memories created at Hotel Castello di Casole will be unforgettable.”
Hotel highlights include:
- The three bedroom, two-story, 3,350- square-foot Bargagli Penthouse with spacious private terrace
- Fine-dining venue Ristorante Tosca serving a range of Castello di Casole Executive Chef, Daniele Sera’s, local Tuscan cuisine using fresh local produce from the hotel’s gardens, and extra virgin olive oil produced on the estate
- Gourmet pizzeria Pazzia featuring a traditional wood burning pizza oven, an espresso bar and gelateria
- Bar Visconti – named after Italian filmmaker Luchino Visconti, who once lived at the Castello – offering bottles of the estate’s private label vintage, as well as exquisite cocktails and hors d’oeuvres
- 5,400-square-foot Essere Spa, in what was originally the estate’s wine cellar, features seven treatment rooms with barrel-vaulted ceilings and restored stone walls. Treatments are inspired by natural products indigenous to Tuscany, including olive oil, rosemary and grape seeds while guests also have access to a TechnoGym® fitness facility and outdoor gardens for yoga and Pilates classes
- A restored 18th century chapel perfect for both wedding ceremonies and private social gatherings
Castello di Casole is also home to 28 artfully restored and reconstructed luxury Casali farmhouses and 10 Hotel Villas available for private residence club and whole ownership purchase. Through bilingual concierges, guests and owners can enjoy private wine tours, truffle hunting, customized on-site cooking classes and mountain biking along the many tree-lined roads in the Tuscan countryside.
From now through August 31, 2012, guests looking to stay at a hotel in Tuscany can reserve “Book 4, Stay Free” which includes a complimentary 4th night. Opening rates start at €630 per night. For more information or to book this rate, call 800-785-7429 in the U.S., +39-0577-967-557 outside the U.S. or by firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit www.castellodicasole.com.