“So, whether you’re gasping in Greece, desperate in Denmark or thirsty in Tahiti; we’ve got just the phrase to ensure that you get some liquid refreshment fast. For those who might be in danger of getting tongue-tied there’s also a pronunciation guide; although we can’t vouch for how well you’ll be understood after a few of the stronger local options, so make sure you drink responsibly and take account of local customs. Cheers!”
Cheapflights’ tips on boozing when abroad:
- Know how much you should tip, to avoid offending your waiter or waitress.
- Don’t let your guard down too much and avoid getting wasted.
- Be aware of local customs, laws and sensitivities around alcohol and where you drink.
- Don’t take all your gear to the pub; have just the bare necessities and stow the rest of your belongings in the hotel safe.
- If you’re travelling in a group get one person to be the (slightly more) responsible one who sticks to soft drinks and can guide the rest of you safely back to your accommodation.
- Never leave your beer unattended.