As the Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens 2016 kicked off today, the HSBC Sevens Village officially opened its doors and welcomed rugby fans and families to #BRINGYOURGAME!
Celebrate the rugby spirit with your friends and family, and share Hong Kong’s pride as it hosts the centrepiece of the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series. What’s more, this is an important year for rugby as the sport makes its debut at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Here are the exciting activities ready at the HSBC Sevens Village:
- Watch live streaming of the tournament on a giant screen all weekend. “Cheer on the Hong Kong Rugby Team” video messages collected from the public will also be shown to show support to our home team. Popular Scottish bag-pipe band the Red Hot Chilli Pipersis all set for the live entertainment and musical performances throughout the weekend.
- The HSBC #BRINGYOURGAME Zone presents interactive games of HSBC sponsored sports – rugby, golf and tennis, with prizes for top scorers of the day.
- The Rugby 7s Superstar’s Challenge will put participating fans’ all-round rugby ability to the test and to truly #BRINGYOURGAME. Fans will be invited to complete a three-course rugby challenge in the lowest time possible.
- Pressure Drop tests how many pin-point drop-goals that fans can slot home within a limited time frame. This games challenges participants’ skills to handle pressure.
- Fans at HSBC Junior Golf Challenge will be tested to chip golf balls into holes with the highest scores.
- Demonstrating as many different tennis shots at Wimbledon Challenge to beat your virtual opponent.
- The Kids Zone offers arts workshops and a graffiti board for children to unleash their creativity. Face painting also available for them to show support for your most favourite team.
- HSBC Premier customers can get special HSBC Rugby Refuel vouchers in the HSBC Sevens Village on a first-come-first-served basis. Moreover, fans, who have registered at the HSBC Sevens Village’s registration point, will receive a #BRINGYOURGAME branded wristband. After 3 pm, fans can come to the registration point to receive a pair of flashing glasses. All available on first-come first-served basis.
- A wide assortment of snacks and drinks served by The Butchers Club, Cali-Mex and Bread & Beast at the food stands.
Event details of HSBC Sevens Village:
Location: Indian Recreation Club on 63 Caroline Hill Road, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay (Entrance on Eastern Hospital Road)
Friday, 8 April: 12:00 noon to Final Whistle
Saturday, 9 April: 8:00 am to Final Whistle
Sunday, 10 April: 8:30 am to Final Whistle