Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst, the first Hyatt Place in Western New York, is officially open in Amherst, N.Y. The hotel brings the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere, and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings, to the Buffalo area.
Located on Main Street, directly off of Interstate 290, Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst is central to all of Buffalo’s main attractions. The attractive, beautifully landscaped hotel is less than five miles from Buffalo Niagara International airport, the University at Buffalo, and two of Buffalo’s largest malls. The hotel is about a 20-minute drive to Niagara Falls, Ralph Wilson Stadium, home of the Buffalo Bills, and First Niagara Center, home of the Buffalo Sabres. A number of family-friendly activities are also nearby, including the Aquarium of Niagara, the Buffalo Zoological Gardens, and Six Flags Darien Lake, which is less than 30 minutes away. Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst is also within walking distance to the village of Williamsville and hamlet of Snyder, offering guests a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as the picturesque setting of Glen Falls.
“As Buffalo continues to grow and thrive economically, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt Place hotel to the area,” said General Manager David Zeplowitz. “With our smartly designed social spaces and guestrooms with separate areas to work and sleep, Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst offers multitasking travelers the room they need to spread out, and our free hot breakfast is just the thing to get our guests going in the morning.”
Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst features:
- 137 spacious guestrooms, all of which offer a swiveling 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and Cozy Corner sectional sofa
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast for guests, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- 1,887 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Spacious and well-equipped 24-hour Gym
- Free airport shuttle service
“Buffalo-Niagara is a vibrant region, filled with friendly people, great neighborhoods, and an ever expanding list of great places to visit and things to do or see,” states Paul B. Iskalo, President & CEO of Iskalo Development Corp. “Our hotel is central to all of them and we are confident that the Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst will exceed guest expectations and provide them with everything they need while visiting our area.”
HYATT PLACE BUFFALO/AMHERST LEADERSHIP
Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst is under the leadership of General Manager David Zeplowitz and Director of Sales Julie Bishop. In his role, Zeplowitz is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 35 associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Bishop is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Buffalo area.