Today, Hyatt Place Los Cabos in Baja California Sur, Mexico reopens in Los Cabos after suffering extensive damage following last year’s passage of Hurricane Odile.
Hyatt Place Los Cabos
The hotel underwent a $7.6 million reconstruction, including a redesigned lobby and new terrace with unobstructed views of the ocean. Hyatt Place Los Cabos is owned by a joint venture between affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Grupo Hermosillo.
“Hyatt Place Los Cabos was one of the most visual representations of Hurricane Odile’s aftermath, and today, we proudly reopen our doors to guests,” said Myles McGourty, senior vice president, Hyatt Latin America and Caribbean. “This opening is symbolic as it represents the beginning of a new chapter for the Hyatt Place Los Cabos team, which is looking forward to welcoming guests for many years to come.”
“We are delighted that Hyatt Place Los Cabos is once again open. The reconstruction of the hotel has exceeded our expectations,” said Jose De La Maza of Grupo Hermosillo. “Visitors to Los Cabos can expect the same friendly and convenient 24/7 amenities they’ve come to know and love from the Hyatt Place brand. Los Cabos is a special place for travelers from all over the world, and the community that resides here is stronger and more resilient than before.”
The hotel brings the Hyatt Place brand’s modern conveniences and stylish design to the Mexican market. Hyatt Place Los Cabos is conveniently located on Paseo Malecón, just 20 minutes from the Los Cabos International Airport. Steps away from the beach on the Sea of Cortez, the hotel is also near the Jack Nicklaus designed 18-hole “Club Campestre” Golf Course, the San Jose del Cabo Historic Center and Art District, and the signature arch at Lands End, Cabo San Lucas. Guests to the destination may also enjoy seasonal water activities, including whale watching, surfing, kayaking, sailing, wave runners, jet skiing, and deep-sea fishing among others.
Hyatt Place Los Cabos features:
- 157 spacious guestrooms, including four suites with mountain or ocean views, all of which offer a swiveling 42-inch TV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed and a Cozy Corner sectional sofa with sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- A free Gallery Kitchen breakfast for guests with signature breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, fresh-baked pastries, and more
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market, which includes an all-day-dining restaurant, freshly prepared entrees and appetizers available around-the-clock, plus on-the-go salads, sandwiches, sweets and bottled beverages
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar with a selection of specialty espresso beverages, teas, and cold beverages, as well as a variety of premium cocktails, beers and wines
- More than 1,500 square feet of flexible, hi-tech meeting and function space
- A 24-hour business center fully equipped with free wireless printers that can be used from anywhere in the hotel
- 24-hour Gym
For Hyatt Place Los Cabos information in English and Spanish, or to make a reservation, visit www.loscabos.place.hyatt.com.