Hyatt Hotels Corporation Songy Highroads, LLC and Aimbridge Hospitality today announce the opening of Hyatt Place Washington, D.C./Downtown/K Street, a refreshing new choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Situated in the heart of downtown Washington, D.C., the hotel is located at 1522 K Street NW, just two blocks from the White House. Additionally, the hotel is within walking distance of numerous tourist attractions, including the Kennedy Center, Smithsonian Institution, National Mall, and countless memorials and museums.
“Hyatt Place Washington, D.C./Downtown/K Street is located in a very desirable area, and we look forward to creating a positive travel experience for each and every guest that walks through our doors,” said General Manager Kevin Varr. “Hyatt Place was designed for a lifestyle, not a demographic, and as a result, we are confident that everyone from business travelers to families will appreciate the open, intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings.”
Hyatt Place Washington, D.C./Downtown/K Street offers:
- 164 spacious guestrooms, all of which feature a swiveling 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and Cozy Corner sectional sofa
- Free Wi-Fi everywhere
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet TM breakfast for guests, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- A 24-hour Gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens
- 2,800 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting space, in addition to a 1,200 square foot rooftop function space offering stunning views of downtown Washington, D.C.
The hotel owners, Atlanta-based Songy Highroads, LLC, and an affiliate of New York-based Elliott Management Corporation, purchased the site in 2013 and converted the then existing 11-story office building into the new hotel. Aimbridge Hospitality will manage Hyatt Place Washington, D.C./Downtown/K Street.
“K Street in downtown Washington, D.C. is a bustling, high profile area, and the new Hyatt Place Washington, D.C./Downtown/K Street will be a wonderful addition to the neighborhood. We are confident that this hotel will be popular with both business and leisure guests alike,” said Aimbridge Hospitality President and Chief Executive Officer Dave Johnson. “Aimbridge is pleased to add Hyatt Place Washington, D.C./Downtown/K Street to our portfolio, and we look forward to working with the great operations team at this dynamic hotel.”
HYATT PLACE WASHINGTON, D.C./DOWNTOWN/K STREET LEADERSHIP
Hyatt Place Washington, D.C./Downtown/K Street is under the leadership of General Manager Kevin Varr and Director of Sales Duncan Wall. In his role, Varr is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Wall is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Washington, D.C. area.