The Garland, a longstanding and beloved icon of the San Fernando Valley, reemerges as Los Angeles’ newest urban retreat and social hub following the completion of an extensive $20 million, property-wide renovation and redesign. The newly transformed hotel, owned by Beverly Garland’s family-operated Rio Vista Development, Inc. and managed by Marcus Hotels & Resorts, welcomes guests with a new neighborhood dining experience, revamped guest rooms, updated lobby and lobby bar, and elegant outdoor garden wedding and events venue.
“The official opening of The Garland is a very proud moment for the entire team. We had a vision to take all that is relaxing and fun about the Southern California experience and merge it with newly reimagined sophisticated style and comfort,” said Owner James Crank. “My mother, Beverly Garland, is the muse of the property, and we were determined to preserve her style and legacy. With that in mind, the transformation is now consistent with today’s discerning traveler, incorporating a vibrant, playful and welcoming atmosphere with a core focus on service and the guest experience.”
At the cornerstone of The Garland’s final phase of renovations is the opening of The Front Yard, the hotel’s new neighborhood restaurant helmed by newly appointed Executive Chef Chris Turano. Nestled within the seven-acre property under towering sycamore trees, The Front Yard lends itself to elevated social dining with its simplified, approachable menu that celebrates the Los Angeles food scene. The addition of an expansive outdoor patio, hip bar and fire pit offer a uniquely Southern Californian alfresco atmosphere.
“We are excited for the next chapter of this iconic hotel,” said General Manager Scott Mills. “The history of The Garland combined with our extensive redesign has brought the hotel to the next level – a one-of-a-kind urban retreat. It’s a destination in Los Angeles that will far surpass guests’ expectations.”
The first phase of the property’s transformation made its debut November 2014. The Garland’s 257 guest rooms, of which 14 are suites, lobby and lobby bar were restyled in vibrant colors against rich textures and eclectic accent pieces to project a sophisticated, bohemian California style. Family ownership teamed up with design team Forchielli Glynn alongside Rossi Architecture, to update The Garland’s withstanding structures and spaces in a multi-phase renovation to reflect the needs of the modern traveler while honoring the hotel’s true Hollywood roots. Highlights of The Garland’s upgrades and renovations include:
• Design transformation to all 257 guest rooms
• There are 14 suites available with the large suites offering a unique layout and style, named after the Beverly Garland family members: Carrington, Cathleen and Fillmore. Rebranded family suitesand kids rooms, complete with spacious living areas and king-size beds for the parents and bunk beds for the kids, are also available and ideal for family travel.
• The James Suite is a spectacular, 1,000 square feet curated penthouse that boasts separate spacious living, kitchen and master bedroom areas, a deep soaking tub and three balconies boasting panoramic views of North Hollywood and beyond
• Revamped lobby and all-new lobby bar
• The Front Yard, an unparalleled neighborhood dining concept true to the hotel’s legacy and the Valley
• The Store, the California-inspired hotel gift shop curated by Beverly Garland’s daughter
• Beverly Park, a 4,000 sq. ft. outdoor garden and weddings & events venue named for the hotel’s legacy, Beverly Garland
• New complimentary guest programming from dive-in movie nights and poolside games to an Urban Walk and a poolside macramé class
Welcoming industry executives, families, couples, local residents, and more, The Garland is just minutes away from many of Hollywood’s most popular destinations including Universal Studios and Universal CityWalk, Hollywood and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Nearby blockbuster movie, television, and music studios also include Walt Disney Pictures, Universal Studios, Warner Brothers Studios, as well as major entertainment production companies, ABC, CBS and NBC Studios. For more information please visit www.thegarland.com.