Located on the rooftop floor of the 24-storeyHilton Singapore on Orchard Road, the award-winning il Cielo (which means ‘the sky’) Italian restaurant unveils a new menu with enticing presentation that is inspired by the passion for quality living and dining.
Evoking all five senses – sight, smell, taste, hear and touch – Italian Chef Riccardo Catarsi aims to create a sensorial dining experience with his new menu. The core of each dish is carefully selected premium ingredients, from sustainable seafood choices, natural and fresh seasonal vegetables to quality meat cuts. Chef Catarsi perfected the menu with innovative cooking methods, interesting combinations of textures and ingredients and his creative flair in the plating style to present a modern incarnation of classic Italian specialties.
Being the first restaurant in Singapore to achieve the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)’s Chain of Custody certification, the restaurant prides itself on being environmentally conscious. As such, seafood dishes with the eco-label in the menu are prepared with sustainably caught seafood sources.
New MSC-certified dishes from il Cielo include:
- MSC-certified Hokkaido scallop with roasted mushrooms, pine nuts, bottarga mayonnaise, red radish and black truffles
- MSC-certified slow-cooked Glacier 51 toothfish in smoked herbs, roasted pumpkin cream, asparagus and cauliflower
Diners can look forward to Italian flavors of days past reinvented with unconventional cooking methods and ingredients pairing, including the use of special wood pieces from olive trees and smoked herbs to lend a smoky aroma to the dishes.
Standout Italian dishes from the new menu include:
- Pumpkin Charcoal Ravioli with chickpeas cream, red onions, Modena balsamic and black truffles
- Rack of lamb with sun-dried tomatoes tartar, baby carrots and sweet peas
- Lobster salad with toscana roschetta, ice vegetables, bottarga and mascarpone cream
- Spaghetti with Maine lobster, fresh tomatoes, Italian basil and burrata cheese
Not-to-be-missed desserts from the new menu:
- Tiramisu millefoglie; il Cielo tiramisu with cappuccino gelato
- Macarons and strawberry composition
il Cielo’s Signature must-try dishes:
- Famous buffalo milk burrata served with heirloom tomato carpaccio, basil cream and olives
- Signature traditional Tuscan fish, seafood stew with codfish, octopus, scampo and mussels
- Branzino di’orbetello; whole sea bass roasted on olive wood
Set on Level 24, the highest floor of the hotel, il Cielo is privileged with panoramic city views of the Orchard road skylines and the outdoor pool. Decked with an intimate capacity for 48 people, with 32 seats indoors including a private dining room for 10 guests as well as 16 seats by the pool side, diners can enjoy an alluring ambience in the semi-alfresco setting and watch the captivating sunset as the versatile glass panels slide open to let the outdoor breeze in.
Lunch: 12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Daily)
Dinner: 7:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. (Daily)
Sky Bar: 4 p.m. – Midnight (Daily)
Level 24, Hilton Singapore
581 Orchard Road
For reservations, call +65 6730 3395 or email [email protected].