The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced that the theme for the 2015 World Passenger Symposium (WPS) will be “Innovating Better, Together”. With IATA’s New Distribution Capability (NDC) standard moving into the implementation phase and the Fast Travel program now reaching some 24.4% of global travelers, WPS will catalyze further progress by focusing discussions on collaborative efforts to drive these and other distribution and customer experience transformations.
The event, taking place in Hamburg, Germany, 20-22 October is expected to attract more than 700 high-level delegates from across the industry’s value chain, including airlines, global distribution systems and travel technology providers, airports and travel management companies.
“Aviation is a team effort. From the moment someone begins to plan a trip to their arrival at their destination, we have numerous touch points to interact and influence their experience. WPS 2015 provides a unique opportunity for stakeholders in the air travel value chain to examine challenges to delivering a superior passenger experience while agreeing a vision for tomorrow’s service ideals,” said Tony Tyler, IATA’s Director General and CEO, who will deliver the keynote address at WPS.
- The Leadership Panel will discuss the theme of Innovation
- The CIO Forum will address the topic of Digital Transformation in Aviation
- Presentation of the results of the IATA/Tnooz THack @ Hamburg 2015 focused on passenger experience and travel merchandising solutions using the NDC technical standard
- The 2nd edition of the Passenger Innovation Awards
- Other topics to be presented include: NDC in action including an update on the NDC Innovation Fund; Results from the 2015 Global Passenger Survey; trends in passenger cabins including connectivity; the always-connected passenger; and new directions in order management.