SpringHill Suites by Marriott is excited to announce the launch of the brand-wide “Art of Local” series. The all-suite hotel brand is bringing the local community and their artistic expressions into hotels across North America to inspire guests to explore each destination through art. Style and design are basic foundations of SpringHill Suites, and to continue building on those foundations, the Art of Local programming is focused bringing the city’s finest artisans into the hotel lobbies to showcase their talents, allowing guests to immerse in local culture. Today’s event at the SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North is the official kick-off of this new program.
“Our guests want to connect with the local community when they are traveling. We want to be their guide. We understand that busy schedules often allow little time to explore. The Art of Local series is the perfect opportunity to give our guests a chance to experience the local culture, right in our lobbies,” said Loren Nalewanski, vice president and global brand manager of SpringHill Suites. “We are setting a new standard for hotel experiences by opening our doors, expanding our reach and bringing the inspiration right to guests.”
Art of Local is an innovative way of seeing the world from a new perspective and exploring what art means to individual cities. To help elevate the local art culture, SpringHill Suites embraces all forms of art and brings it into the hotel through interactive experiences. The Art of Local program broadens the definition of “traditional art”, expanding across various platforms including:
- Visual art that excites the eye such as photography, sculpture, painting, and film.
- Craftsmanship that fosters innovation such as glassblowing, cigar rolling, pottery, etc.
- Performing artists that thrill with dance, comedy, poetry and live plays.
- Musical acts that express ideas and emotion through music.
- Culinary creations that stimulate the palate and energize the soul.Each individual hotel will have a designated associate who is fully immersed in their local art scene. This local expert will curate and plan Art of Local events showcasing local artisan talents and bring the town’s culture into the hotel.
Each SpringHill Suites property across the U.S. and Canada will host Art of Local events throughout the year to inspire guests and enable them to connect with the local community during their stay.
Kickoff for the Art of Local program will be in Chicago this week, highlighting different types of artisans that guests can anticipate experiencing at an on-property event. Some of the featured artisans include:
- Brooklyn’s beloved and Billboard’s #1 Emerging Artist – MisterWives.
- Chicago muralist – Don’t Fret Art
- Creators of Los Angeles’ illusive art wall – Experimental Half Hour
- Austin’s own creator of visual feasts – Jessie Maxwell Bearden
- Chicago’s famous interactive mixologists – Femme Du CoupeArt of Local is the evolution of the brand’s signature ArtNight program launched in 2010, which brings local artists into the hotel, providing a platform to celebrate and showcase their craft to the delight of both hotel guests and surrounding communities. For more information on the Art of Local series or SpringHill Suites by Marriott please visit www.SpringHillSuites.com