InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts Claims 28 Win Sweep across Asia and Australasia at World Travel Awards
InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts outdid its incredible performance at last year’s awards to scoop an amazing 28 wins at the recent World Travel Awards Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony 2015 held atInterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong.
The brand, which is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, also claimed one of the most coveted awards, Asia’s Leading Luxury Business Hotel Brand, for the second year in a row.
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, also took home Asia’s Leading Business Hotel Brand and Australasia’s Leading Hotel Brand for the fourth consecutive year. InterContinental hotels and resorts in Asia, Australasia and the Pacific also achieved major wins in a variety of categories.
Bruce Ryde, Director of Brand Marketing for luxury and lifestyle brands, IHG, Asia, Middle East and Africa said; “With 28 wins, six more than the previous year, for both the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and properties at such a prestigious event demonstrates how we are committed to providing our guest with exceptional experiences, whether at a luxury resort or city hotel.
“InterContinental Hotels & Resorts make up a significant proportion of our development pipeline and we know that we will continue to offer award winning properties to our guests in Asia, the Middle East and Africa.”
InterContinental properties in Australasia accounted for eight of the wins on the night. Including InterContinental Sydney taking home the award for Australia’s Leading Hotel.
The WTA was launched in 1993 to acknowledge excellence in the travel and tourism industry and is now in its 22nd year. The prestigious ceremony saw the gathering of government and industry leaders, luminaries, and international print and broadcast media. Awards are presented across three tiers: country, regional and world awards, based on votes by the public and travel professionals worldwide.
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts won the following awards at the 2015 WTA Asia & Australasia:
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts Brand:
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Business Hotel Brand
- Asia’s Leading Business Hotel Brand
- Australasia’s Leading Hotel Brand
Properties in Asia:
- China’s Leading Family Resort
InterContinental Grand Stanford, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong’s Leading Business Hotel
- Asia’s Leading Beach Resort
- Thailand’s Leading Beach Resort
InterContinental Bangkok, Thailand
- Thailand’s Leading Business Hotel
InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, Thailand
- Thailand’s Leading Resort
- Asia’s Leading Hotel Dining & Entertainment Experience
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Resort
- Vietnam’s Leading Resort
- Vietnam’s Leading Spa Resort
Intercontinental Asiana Saigon, Vietnam
- Asia’s Leading City Hotel
- Vietnam’s Leading Conference Hotel
Intercontinental Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Asia’s Leading New Hotel
InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, Vietnam
- Vietnam’s Leading Business Hotel
InterContinental Bali Resort, Indonesia
- Bali’s Leading MICE Hotel
InterContinental Manila, Philippines
- Philippines’ Leading Business Hotel
InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Malaysia’s Leading Hotel Suite (Presidential Suite)
Properties in Australasia:
InterContinental Sydney, Australia
- Australasia’s Leading Business Hotel
- Australia’s Leading Hotel
- Australasia’s Leading Executive Club Lounge (Club InterContinental)
InterContinental Wellington, New Zealand
- Australasia’s Leading Conference Hotel
- New Zealand’s Leading Hotel Suite (Presidential Suite)
InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, French Polynesia
- Australasia’s Leading Spa Resort
- French Polynesia’s Leading Spa Resort
InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, French Polynesia
- French Polynesia’s Leading Resort
There are currently 67 InterContinental Hotels and Resorts across Asia, Middle East and Africa, representing over one third of a total 182 of the brand’s properties globally, with 23 in the development pipeline set to open in the coming three to five years. For more information on InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, visit www.intercontinental.com.