InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts Wins Record Number of World Travel Awards across Asia and Australasia Categories
InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts has claimed an astounding 36 award wins at the recent World Travel Awards Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony 2016. The ceremony was held at InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort which, itself, was awarded this year’s Best Luxury Resort in Asia.
The InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand, which is owned by InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) was presented a number of awards including Asia’s Leading Luxury Business Hotel Brand for the third consecutive year, Asia’s Leading Business Hotel Brandand Asia’s Leading Hotel Brand for the fifth year in a row, as well as Australasia’s Leading Hotel Brand.
A plethora of InterContinental hotels and resorts across Asia, Australasia and the Pacific were honoured with award wins in a variety of categories including InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort in Thailand, lauded Asia’s Leading Beach Resortand Asia’s Most Romantic Resort.
Bruce Ryde, Head of Luxury & Lifestyle Brand Marketing, Asia, Middle East and Africa said; “We’re so proud to announce that once again, we’ve surpassed last year’s record number of award wins with the news we received 36 in total this year, eight more than the previous year.
“The staggering success achieved for InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and properties at such a distinguished event is a testament to our dedication in helping generations enjoy luxury travel for over 70 years.
“A significant portion of our development pipeline, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts remains a strong focus for our leading group of hotel brands as we continue to be heavily invested in pioneering new international destinations for guests to live the InterContinental Life in Asia, the Middle East and Africa.”
InterContinental properties in Australia and New Zealand market accounted for three of the wins on the night. InterContinental Sydney won two major awards including Australasia’s Leading Business Hotel and Australasia’s Leading Executive Club Lounge (Club InterContinental).
The WTA was launched in 1993 to acknowledge excellence in the travel and tourism industry and is now in its 23rd year. Awards are presented across three tiers: country, regional and world awards, based on votes by the public and travel professionals worldwide.
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts won the following awards at the 2016 WTA Asia & Australasia:
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts Brand:
- Asia’s Leading Business Hotel Brand
- Asia’s Leading Hotel Brand
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Business Hotel Brand
- Australasia’s Leading Hotel Brand
Properties in Asia:
- China’s Leading Beach Resort
- China’s Leading Wedding Venue
- China’s Leading Business Hotel
InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Asia’s Leading Business Hotel
- Hong Kong’s Leading Business Hotel
InterContinental Bali Resort, Indonesia
- Bali’s Leading MICE Hotel
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Japan
- Japan’s Leading Business Hotel
InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Malaysia’s Leading Hotel Suite (Presidential Suite)
InterContinental Singapore, Singapore
- Singapore’s Leading Conference Hotel
InterContinental Seoul Coex, South Korea
- South Korea’s Leading Business Hotel
- Asia’s Leading Beach Resort
- Asia’s Most Romantic Resort
- Thailand’s Leading Beach Resort
- Thailand’s Leading Resort
InterContinental Bangkok, Thailand
- Thailand’s Leading Business Hotel
- Thailand’s Leading Hotel
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Resort
- Vietnam’s Leading Resort
- Vietnam’s Leading Spa Resort
Intercontinental Asiana Saigon, Vietnam
- Asia’s Leading City Hotel
- Vietnam’s Leading Business Hotel
- Vietnam’s Leading Conference Hotel
- Vietnam’s Leading Hotel
Intercontinental Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Vietnam’s Leading Luxury Hotel
Properties in Australasia:
InterContinental Sydney, Australia
- Australasia’s Leading Business Hotel
- Australasia’s Leading Executive Club Lounge (Club InterContinental)
InterContinental Wellington, New Zealand
- New Zealand’s Leading Hotel
InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, French Polynesia
- Australasia’s Leading Green Hotel
- Australasia’s Leading Spa Resort
- French Polynesia’s Leading Spa Resort
InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea, French Polynesia
- French Polynesia’s Leading Resort
- Fiji’s Leading Resort
There are currently 68 InterContinental Hotels and Resorts across Asia, Middle East and Africa, representing over one third of a total 183 of the brand’s properties globally, with 23 in the development pipeline set to open in the coming three to five years. For more information on InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, visit www.intercontinental.com.