AAT Kings is set to revolutionise the travel and tourism industry with the launch of its innovative new coach product, CoachCopter™. The world-first will debut later this year on a new tour taking guests to the Blue Mountains before returning to Sydney city by air.
Anthony Hayes, Managing Director, AAT Kings said: “The CoachCopter™ is without a doubt one of the most exciting developments not only for AAT Kings in our 100 year history but the Australian travel industry. For the first time, visitors will be able to see the majestic Blue Mountains by land before taking to the skies for a bird’s eye view of the UNESCO World Heritage area.
“AAT Kings has invested millions in ensuring we have the most state-of-the-art coach fleet on the roads. We challenged our coach partner to push the boundaries of coach design and scope and are proud to now be able to unveil this engineering feat. Following extensive testing of our prototype, we’re nearing completion of our first commercial CoachCopter™ and expect our highly trained Driver/Flyer Guides taking guests to the roads and skies from late this year,” said Hayes.
CoachCopter™ specifications include:
- High-attitude, high-performance helicopter
- Twin ‘Pratt & Whitney PT6B-37A’ turbines
- Titanium main rotor hub, elastomeric lubricate-free bearings, composite blades
- Cost-effective environmentally friendly, ethanol-based fuel
- High-equipped with ‘Single Pilot IFR’
- Garmin G1000H ™ Integrated Flight Deck advanced avionic system with Full Synthetic Vision System including Highway in the Sky (HITS) depiction, moving map and a Helicopter Terrain Avoidance Warning System with worldwide terrain obstacle database
- SOA Blind-flying instrumentation
- AlliedSignal RDR-1400 Weather Radar
- Aux Fuel Tanks
- Avco Lycoming LTS 101-750 C1, Cargo Hook 2300 kg provision
AAT Kings’ Blue Mountains by CoachCopter™ half day tour includes travel by road to the Blue Mountains including stops at Echo Point, The Three Sisters, Leura Village and Scenic World before returning via CoachCopter™. Priced from $260 per adult and $220 per child.
For more information and bookings visit: http://www.aatkings.com/coachcopter