Welcome to the Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel. This legendary destination on the Côte d’Azur is truly a paradise on earth, the epitome of French Riviera glamour and, as of May 8, 2015, world-renowned Four Seasons service.
Originally opened in 1908, this magnificent white building sits at the tip of the peninsula of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat jutting into the Mediterranean about half way between Nice and Monaco. Bathed in the azure light of sea and sky, this wildly beautiful landscape is fragrant with lavender, pine and citrus groves, and dotted with exquisitely groomed gardens.
History is present everywhere in this gleaming palace, with a bay-windowed rotunda designed by the great Gustave Eiffel (yes, that Eiffel). Fully refurbished in 2009 under the guidance of renowned designer Pierre-Yves Rochon, the interiors balance gleaming white marble and chic textures of white and beige, putting the emphasis on gorgeous Mediterranean views and colourful reproductions of works by French artists, including Picasso, Cocteau, Matisse, Chagall, Modigliani and Rodin – many of whom were local to the area and regular guests at the Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat.
The Grand-Hôtel has long been a favourite retreat among royalty, dignitaries and celebrities – from Winston Churchill, Charlie Chaplin and Picasso to Frank Sinatra, Elizabeth Taylor and Paul McCartney.
Encompassing three buildings – the original 1908 Palace, the contemporary Residence and the singular Villa Rose-Pierre – the Grand-Hôtel presides over 7 hectares (17 acres) of lush grounds including gardens, pools and tennis courts, with the Mediterranean Sea at its feet.
Located just 30 minutes’ drive from Nice (40 minutes from Nice Côte d’Azur International airport) near the tiny seaside village of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, the Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat is also just 25 minutes’ drive from Monaco, and 50 from Cannes. Flights between Nice and Paris are less than 90 minutes, suggesting a delightful itinerary that includes another legendary establishment, Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris.
Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel – Fact Sheet
A Century of Design Excellence
- Gustave Eiffel (architect, original 1908 Rotunda)
- Luc Svetchine (architect, The Residence building, 2009)
- Alberto Pinto (designer, 2007 Villa Rose-Pierre interiors refurbishment)
- Pierre Yves-Rochon (designer, 2009 hotel, guest rooms, restaurants and Residence interiors refurbishment)
- Jean Mus (landscape designer, 2007)
Guests may choose from 74 luxury accommodations, including 24 suites and 1 villa.
- 49 guest rooms and 24 suites feature sea or pinewood views, all redecorated by Pierre-Yves Rochon, including renovated marble bathrooms
- The three-bedroom Villa Rose-Pierre features its own gym and sauna, a roof top terrace, outdoor pool and tennis court, surrounded by its own private garden
Reached via a glass funicular or by footpath, Club Dauphin is an exclusive beach club.
- Olympic-sized seawater infinity pool with sun terraces, and private cabanas available for rent on a daily basis, or for the season
- Club Dauphin Restaurant and upper-level Lounge Terrace
- Kids’ Club with games, activities and paddling pool
- Ideal setting for private events
Distinctive Dining Experiences
The Grand-Hôtel offers four venues for dining, drinking and traditional afternoon tea.
- Le Cap – Guests can choose between indoor and outdoor seating to enjoy a menu inspired by the South of France
- La Véranda – Overlooking the sea beneath a canopy of 100-year-old Aleppo pine trees, with a Provençalmenu
- Club Dauphin – Set by the saltwater pool serving a medley of Mediterranean dishes; open for lunch during the summer season only
- The Bar – Lit by majestic Murano chandeliers, The Bar is at the heart of the Hotel’s social scene
Le Spa, Fitness and Recreation
The Hotel presents a full suite of options for both the active traveller and those who wish to relax and rejuvenate by the sea.
- Le Spa features 8 treatment rooms and outdoor pavilions, including a couple’s suite
- Additional facilities including an indoor pool with counter-current system, whirlpool, sauna, steam room and water therapy showers
- Set in a spa garden with sea-view sundecks for relaxation before and after treatments
- Two clay surface tennis courts
- Outdoor saltwater pool at Club Dauphin
- Scenic jogging trails throughout the Hotel grounds
Social Events and Business Meetings
Groups of up to 120 may be accommodated at the Grand-Hôtel for product launches, private corporate events, family celebrations and weddings.
- Three indoor salons, including two with terraces
- Numerous outdoor options among the terraces and gardens
- Option to book Club Dauphin, or the entire Hotel
World Renowned Four Seasons Service
- Expert multi-lingual concierge team providing access to the area’s pleasures and pursuits, including countryside tours, fashionable restaurants and shopping, and more
- Exclusive Four Seasons airport and transportation services
- Twice-daily housekeeping, laundry services, complimentary morning coffee and international newspapers
- Round-the-clock in-room dining