Introducing the New Bucket List: Celebrity Cruises Reveals New Sailings, Destinations and Overnights in 2017-2018
Modern luxury cruise brand Celebrity Cruises is introducing its 2017-2018 cruises and has packed in so many of the world’s best experiences that travellers will want to rewrite their bucket lists. The premium line’s richest season yet offers many firsts for guests to choose from among 282 destinations in 76 countries that include new ports of call, 236 exciting overnights in 55 cities and 31 double overnight stays in 10 different ports.
Celebrity has revealed its new Alaska, Bermuda and Canada/New England cruises, the first series of the “Go Celebrity!” campaign to open for sale. Two ships in this line-up are part of a $16 million refresh initiative, Celebrity Infinity in Alaska andCelebrity Summit in Bermuda and Canada/New England. More destinations will be unveiled this month. Valued Captain’s Club members had early priority access to begin planning their ultimate holiday, three days before the 2017-2018 sailings opened to the general public on Friday 4 December.
Additionally, beginning in 2016, Celebrity will introduce new, dynamic experiences that bring destinations right onboard before guests even get there, including chef-led shore excursions named “Chef’s Market Discoveries,” regional experts, authentic flavours and local entertainment.
Celebrity’s new cruises now revealed:
Celebrity will continue to bring the wonder of Alaska within reach in 2017-2018, with three Celebrity ships – Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Millennium and Celebrity Infinity, the last of which has emerged from an $8 million modern luxury refresh with new venues and updated interiors. On these vacations, guests can indulge in:
- Views of Alaska’s magnificent scenery from beautifully designed onboard venues, including The Lawn Club onboard Celebrity Solstice and CelebrityInfinity’s Rooftop Terrace, a brand-new venue where food and film are fused against a backdrop of chic, comfortable furniture, unique artistic elements, and a large outdoor film screen
- Destination-inspired experiences onboard, from authentic food sourced from each port, to local performances that will thrill guests
- Two new cruisetours that combine cruising with a land tour, for those who want to dive deep into the heart of the Last Frontier:
- Ten-night “Authentic Tastes of Alaska”: A local Alaskan culinary experience, where guests can taste indigenous foods and discover the narrative of their place in Alaskan culture and history
Celebrity Cruises Reveals First Lineup of 2017-2018 Sailings
- Twelve-night “Great National Parks Expedition”: Guests can explore two national parks – Denali National Park and Kenai Fords National Park – and see the tundra, bays and fjords that are home to the region’s array of wildlife
- Exclusive Uniquely Celebrity shore excursions including: a trip to an organic farm, an exploration of the rich history of Skagway, Alaska a tour through a local brewery straight to a cooking school, and participation in a crabbing and seafood feast
- In-depth insights from one of Celebrity’s “Resident Naturalists” – a group of marine biologists, adventurers and wildlife researchers
The premium brand will offer the industry’s only seven-night, round-trip itinerary to the Hubbard Glacier from Vancouver on Celebrity Infinity, along with Celebrity’s popular, seven-night roundtrip Tracy Arm Fjord itinerary from Seattle, Washington onboard Celebrity Solstice, and a variety of open-jaw options from either Vancouver, British Columbia or Seward, Alaska aboard Celebrity Millennium.
Celebrity will transport guests to a Bermuda state of mind before they arrive at the stunning island, through experiences on Celebrity Summit, which will undergo an $8 million refresh similar to that of Celebrity Infinity, prior to its 2016 Bermuda season. Passengers can enjoy:
- Bermuda’s stunning views at Celebrity Summit’s new Rooftop Terrace, which officially will be opened after the ship’s modern luxury makeover in 2016:
- Additional enhancements from the refresh will include exquisite upgrades to Suite Class amenities and experiences, and the addition of one of Celebrity’s signature venues, Tuscan Grille
- The chance to discover the island’s natural wonders with educational programs specially designed by Celebrity’s “Regional Destination Expert,” marine scientist and author Dr. Ellen Prager
- Celebrity’s first-ever, nine-night cruise that visits New England and Bermuda, with the first American female captain of a mega-ton cruise ship, Captain Kate McCue
- A brand-new “Signature Event Sailing” to witness one of the world’s most coveted sailing races, where teams go head-to-head for a prestigious trophy
- Authentic onboard entertainment, from a Bermudian steel drum band to cuisine inspired by the local flavors of the Caribbean, all part of Celebrity’s onboard experience newly infused with the destination’s culture
- Thrilling Uniquely Celebrity shore excursions such as: a night on Bermuda’s award-winning Rising Sun II catamaran for a festive white party; an immersion into the natural wonders and panoramic seascapes of Bermuda as guests hike the historic Railway Trail; and a tour of Wadson’s Farm, an organic farm that has been operating since 1976
Celebrity’s seven-night Bermuda cruises, onboard Celebrity Summit, feature three days and two nights in the tropical destination.
Celebrity is offering an exciting season in Canada and New England – for the first time in the premium brand’s history, passengers can discover New England and Bermuda on a new nine-night sailing. More destination highlights include:
- The opportunity to experience key moments in time during a new Signature Event Sailing, which welcomes guests to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday overnight in Halifax and the USA’s Independence Day when overnighting in Boston, Massachusetts
- Sailing with the first American female captain of a mega-ton cruise ship, Captain Kate McCue, aboard Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Cruises Reveals First Line-up of 2017-2018 Sailings
- Exciting Uniquely Celebrity shore excursions that grant guests access to an interactive tour through historic Halifax and the sights of Quebec City, Quebec by way of a walking tour, ending with a cup of tea at Chateau Frontenac
Cruises sailing to Canada and New England are featured in Celebrity Summit’s 14-night vacations, which can include visits to Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia and Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; and two nights in Quebec City – the premium line’s first double overnight in the guest-favourite destination in 10 years.
The best destination experiences:
No matter which Celebrity cruise guests choose, they can enjoy the best of everything while surrounded by modern luxury style. Starting as soon as January 2016, every cruise will feature a new seamless ship-to-shore experience that weaves the journey and the destination into one. The robust program will offer passengers an array of ways to explore the world onboard and on land through Chef’s Market Discoveries, the brand’s new, chef-led shore excursions; authentic cuisine; local entertainment; as well as a line-up of unique destination experiences and enrichment series curated by Celebrity’s new and exclusive group of regional experts. Celebrity’s renowned Regional Destination Experts, Dr. Ellen Prager (Bermuda, the Caribbean, The Galapagos Islands), Ben Fogle (Europe); the Australia Zoo and its “Wildlife Warriors,” a global and charitable wildlife organization (Australia); Milos Radakovich (South America); and four Resident Naturalists in Alaska, will also set sail with vacationers on select 2016 sailings and offer special speaking engagements, join guests on shore excursions, and provide insights on the destinations.
Additional 2017-2018 highlights:
Celebrity’s early reveal of 2017-2018 cruises is perfect timing for travellers already imagining and planning their next holiday. As Go Celebrity! destination itineraries are unveiled, additional 2017-2018 highlights will include: new ports of call, four new once-in-a-lifetime Signature Event Sailings focused around the most iconic world events, new overnights (among the most the guests have ever been able to choose from), and more double overnights, guaranteeing a modern, upscale vacation for all guests that only Celebrity can deliver. Through internationally recognised speakers, a taste of the world’s flavours, cultural connections, exclusive Uniquely Celebrity shore excursions, ways to extend a holiday with unique City Stays and Celebrity Explorations holiday packages, and more, a Celebrity holiday infuses more of the world’s destinations at every turn.
To celebrate the brand’s richest line-up of cruises, Celebrity has launched a special “Go Big, Go Better, Go Best!” offer for nearly all of the brand’s 2017-2018 sailings. Guests who book an oceanview or higher stateroom and “Go Big” can enjoy a free perk from the choice of Classic Beverage Packages, unlimited internet packages, gratuities or $150 to spend onboard. People can even choose to upgrade and “Go Better” to get their choice of two perks, or “Go Best” and get all four perks, plus a premium beverage package upgrade. Full details about this offer are available at http://www.celebritycruises.com.au/specials/go-big/
Celebrity will continue to reveal more of its robust 2017-2018 cruise itinerary in the upcoming weeks.
To make a booking, visit your travel agent.