Tribute Portfolio, part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., today announced its official debut in Sin City with the addition of SLS Las Vegas, a resort featuring more than 1,600 rooms and suites owned by Las Vegas Resort Holdings, LLC. Doubling the brand’s footprint globally, SLS Las Vegas, a Tribute Portfolio Resort, features some of Las Vegas’ hottest nightlife and culinary venues, and is situated in the North Strip, a bourgeoning neighborhood between the heart of The Strip and the up-and-coming Downtown district.
“When we surveyed SPG members about desired destinations for Tribute Portfolio, Las Vegas was at the top of their list, and I’m thrilled that we’ve been able to deliver on their demand in less than a year from launch,” said Dave Marr, Global Brand Leader for Tribute Portfolio. “This is a tremendous testament to our dedication to Tribute Portfolio being a brand built for and by our SPG Members.”
Envisioned by Creative Director Philippe Starck in collaboration with Gensler, SLS Las Vegas exudes truly imaginative creative elements and playful accents throughout the entire resort. The largest Tribute Portfolio property to date, SLS Las Vegas features 1,613 guestrooms in three distinct towers – Story, World and LUX – ranging from glamorous 325-square-foot rooms to opulent penthouse suites spanning 3,300 square feet. Fun, vibrant and unique, the Story Tower brings together the high design of an industrial loft and the intricate details of a boutique hotel. Floating beds are positioned in the center of the room, emulating a luxury pool daybed, while a multi-use sink serves as the perfect makeup station or wet bar. Sophisticated and sleek, the World Tower features plush bedding, a spacious work desk and a roomy seating area create an inviting, expertly appointed environment ideal for the leisure and business guest alike. The LUX Tower offers indulgence and relaxation with an artful twist. Intricate tapestry-like wall coverings, plush seating, and the playful peek-a-boo shower showcase a whimsical and edgy European design.
SLS Las Vegas is the go-to destination on the North Strip, featuring eight world-class dining establishments, three nightlife and entertainment venues and two pools:
- Bazaar Meat by José Andrés, the James Beard Award-winning chef’s wild and wonderful celebration of the carnivorous, in all its forms;
- Katsuya, features the dynamic pairing of design impresario Philippe Starck and Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi who skillfully translates Japanese flavors for the American palate;
- Cleo, an enlivening atmosphere showcasing Chef Danny Elmaleh’s acclaimed contemporary Mediterranean cuisine complemented by a selection of handcrafted cocktails and unique wines;
- Ku Noodle by José Andrés, an homage by Chef José Andrés and his team to the rich and varied flavors of Asian cuisine;
- Umami Burger, Beer Garden & Sports Book, with a cult following of food lovers and burger devotees alike the best burger in Las Vegas is paired with craft beer on an outdoor Beer Garden overlooking the Strip and betting in the William Hill Sports Book;
- 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria, serving up handcrafted Neapolitan pizzas;
- The Northside Café, providing home-style cooking and comfort food 24/7;
- The Perq, a coffee shop with gourmet coffee and tea from acclaimed LA-based specialty roaster LAMILL Coffee;
- The Sayers Club, a refined, yet raw space showcases amazing live performances by emerging and acclaimed artists;
- Foxtail Nightclub, an upscale Las Vegas nightclub and expansive outdoor pool area, this adaptive space blurs the line between luxe sophistication and uninhibited revelry;
- Monkey Bar, SLS Las Vegas’ signature lobby bar with a unique selection of cocktails and beers;
- Center Bar, offering hand-crafted specialty cocktails and shots in the center of the casino floor;
- LUX Pool, an open air rooftop pool that allows guests to soak up the sun while enjoying signature cocktails and light fare;
- Foxtail Pool, situated at the heart of SLS Las Vegas, Foxtail Pool’s expansive pool deck serves as an amenity to hotel guests as well as home to a diverse offering of day and nightlife experiences.
“We are thrilled to embark on this partnership, combining our expertise in Las Vegas hospitality, nightlife and entertainment with Starwood’s powerful distribution system and renowned loyalty program,” said Scott Kreeger, the hotel’s President and Chief Operating Officer. “We are confident that, with Tribute Portfolio, we can continue to make SLS Las Vegas the coveted hotspot on the Strip.”
Moments Worth Snapping
As with all Tribute Portfolio properties, SLS Las Vegas features a noteworthy selection of #ourlikes, a list comprised of distinct moments found at each hotel or resort that illustrate what guests love about “staying independent.” These socially-sourced vignettes go beyond the typical hotel brochure to highlight the secret spots, must-sees and can’t-miss experiences at each Tribute Portfolio property. The #ourlikes for the SLS Las Vegas include:
- Center Bar’s Cloud: A stunning 3D lighting installation above the bar that displays eye-popping illustrations (literally), Center Bar’s prime location is highlighted for hotel guests and visitors alike.
- SLS Kaleidoscope: A hidden feature within the casino, the Kaleidoscope represents one of the many whimsical, surprising elements in Philippe Starck’s design.
- The World Tower Desks: These spacious desks covered in maps mirror the stylish, yet playful elegance of theStory Tower design.
- The Sahara Chandelier: Channeling its vintage Vegas roots, the chandelier hanging outside the entrance ofThe Sayers Club is made from door handles of the iconic Sahara hotel, the property’s iconic predecessor.
- Time to Meet Signs: Located outside of the property’s conference spaces, the clocks let attendees know when it is time to get down to business (or when it’s not).
- Stag Head Pendant Lights: An edgy twist on a classic design, these Stag Head Pendant Lights add a warm glow to guests’ experience in Bar Centro.
Consumers can learn more by following @TributePortfolio and #ourlikes.
Independent by Nature
Tribute Portfolio debuted in April 2015 with its first hotel, the Royal Palm South Beach Miami, and has since opened four additional properties: the Great Northern Hotel in London, UK; The Kiroro Resort in Hokkaido, Japan; The Hermitage inJakarta, Indonesia; and the Riviera Palm Springs in Palm Springs, CA. Future locations include Coral Gables, FL; Costa Mesa, CA; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Asheville, NC; Nashville, Tennessee; Savannah, GA; and Charleston, SC. Firmly anchored in the upper upscale category, Tribute Portfolio allows owners of distinct properties to maintain their independent spirit, while benefiting from Starwood’s powerful distribution, loyalty and sales platforms.
SLS Las Vegas will join Starwood’s four existing hotels in the Las Vegas market, which include The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa, The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo, and Element Las Vegas Summerlin.
For more information, please visit www.tributeportfolio.com.