Just south of San Francisco, Pacifica is a robust beach-front community. The charming town and recreational playground is a dream destination for romantics, especially during the cooler winter season.
Featuring everything from great dining destinations and live entertainment to beachfront hiking and picnic locations, Pacifica is an ideal getaway for anyone interested in spending their romantic adventure at a fresh outdoor destination.
Interested in getting away? Here’s a Top Ten List of romantic places to “plant one” on your companion ~
- Rockaway Beach (http://visitpacifica.com/index.php?page=13) features dramatic, crashing waves that stimulate all five senses (sight, smell, touch, taste and sound) and provide the perfect setting for romance.
- While embarking on an exhilarating hike along the flanks of Montara Mountain(http://parks.smcgov.org/montara-mountain-trail), which towers 2000 feet above Pacifica, couples can jaunt through the Blue Gum Eucalyptus forest with striking glimpses of coastal Pacifica and the ocean beyond.
- The Mori Point coastal walk (http://www.parksconservancy.org/visit/park-sites/mori-point.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/) wends along a rugged coastline and sets the stage with little corners that lend themselves to amore.
- For those that want to get their groove on, head to Nick’s Restaurant(www.nicksrestaurant.net) on a Friday or Saturday night when the restaurant/bar provides great live dancing music.
- The advanced terrain of Sweeney Ridge (http://bit.ly/1mvN8Sa) includes a range of wildlife and a plethora of both native and introduced spring wildflowers. The sandy coastline and adjacent wind-protected valley of Thornton State Beach are good venues for picnicking, beach walking and “necking.”
- In addition to a great selection of wines and tapas, A Grape in the Fog (www.agitf.com) is an intimate venue that provides live music on weekends and features a few select corners of the wine bar for sharing affection.
- Sam’s Castle (http://www.sammazzafoundation.org/the-castle/visiting-the-castle/) has a history of great allure. In order to snuggle up in one of the interior rooms or on the expansive exterior deck that overlooks the Pacific Ocean, couples will want to check out one of the exclusive tours(available January 30; February 13; March 19; April 9; and throughout the year)
- Perhaps one of the most romantic restaurants in Pacifica, the Moonraker Restaurant(www.moonrakerpacifica.com) overlooks the crashing waves at Rockaway Beach and offers a menu of critical acclaim.
- While not a conventional activity for those in love, waking up at the crack of dawn to go crabbing at the Pacifica Pier (http://visitpacifica.com/index.php?page=22) is laced with romance as couples can catch their own Dungeness Crab to barbeque and share at any beach location of choice.
- The robust Peruvian restaurant, Puerto 27 (www.puerto27.com), looks out over the crashing waves of Linda Mar Beach and is perfect for those that want to share a range of tapas and entrees as well as the sunset while it’s setting over the grand Pacific Ocean.