On the heels of Jamaica’s Minister of Tourism address in Jamaica’s Parliament on Tuesday about increasing tourism arrivals, the Jamaica Tourist Board has launched a new digital ad campaign “All You Can” in the U.S. market in an effort to boost summer visitor arrivals. The ad campaign highlights “All You Can” do in Jamaica: all you can taste, all you can dive, all you can party…all in one island.
In fact, Jamaica just made Virtuoso’s 2016 “Hot 10” list of summer destinations (based on countries that have seen the largest growth in year-over-year bookings). The summer offers budget-friendly accommodation, sometimes reduced by as much as 50 percent. With such a large variety of options including boutique hotels, bed and breakfasts, inns, all-inclusive resorts and expansive villas, it’s no wonder that Jamaica is such a desirable summer destination.
Summer events coming up in Jamaica:
- Reggae Sumfest (Montego Bay, July 17 – 23): A much anticipated annual reggae festival, Reggae Sumfest showcases the best talents in roots, rock and reggae music from both Jamaican and international performers. It’s the greatest reggae show on earth, in the place where the reggae genre was born!
- Dream Weekend (Negril, July 28 – August 1): Dream Weekend takes over Negril each year with major parties featuring an impressive line-up of DJs, artists and celebrities.
- MoBay Jerk Festival (Montego Bay, July 31 – August 1): This food festival is an excellent opportunity for Jamaicans and visitors to enjoy jerk cuisine. The event will be held at the Catherine Hall Entertainment Complex and feature live gospel entertainment in addition to plenty of jerk.
Summer hotel packages and specials:
- Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay Jamaica: Guests who stay three nights at the all-inclusive Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay Jamaica will get the fourth night free with their Getaway Package. Located less than ten minutes away from the Montego Bay International Airport, the beachfront hotel provides easy access to local attractions such as the Rose Hall Great House, the Martha Brae River and Dunn’s River Falls. Valid for stays Sunday through Thursdays, between April 22 to December 23 (blackout dates apply)
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas: Travelers who book a minimum stay of four nights will receive the fourth night free and a $100 resort credit. Round Hill Hotel and Villas is located on a lush 110-acre peninsula just 25 minutes from Montego Bay’s Sangster International Airport and features luxury villas, boutique oceanfront rooms, award-winning seaside dining and an exquisite spa. Book by August 31, 2016 for travel now through December 17, 2016 (blackout dates apply).
- Half Moon, A Rock Resort: Visitors to Half Moon can take advantage of the Ultimate Summer Travel package with rates starting at US$479 per day (up to 40% off). Half Moon is a 400-acre luxury resort that features two miles of private beach and offers guests a wide variety of amenities and activities including the award winning Fern Tree Spa, tennis courts, equestrian center, fitness center, 54 swimming pools, water sports, shops and more. Book by November 14, 2016for travel through November 14, 2016.
- Moon Palace Jamaica Grande: Families can take advantage of Moon Palace Jamaica Grande’s Kids Stay Free package where children under 12 years of age play, eat and stay for free when booking at least three nights. The family-friendly resort offers guests the opportunity to experience 17-acres of ivory sand on the longest stretch of private beach in Ocho Rios. Rates start at $408 per person per night based on double occupancy. Book by August 28, 2016 for travel through August 31, 2016.
- Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort & Spa, Curio – A Collection by Hilton and Jewel Dunns River Beach Resort & Spa, Curio – A Collection by Hilton are offering an extra 20% off all-inclusive rates starting from $110 per person. Both properties are adult-only and embody an all-inclusive health, fitness and spa theme. Book by September 2, 2016 for travel now through September 6, 2016.
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica: Travelers can spend quality time with their families with savings up to 45% and a free stay for up to two children at Grand Bahia Principe this summer. This all-inclusive, colonial-style resort is perfect for the whole family, with activities and accommodations made special with kids in mind. All-inclusive rates start from $122 per person per night in a junior suite superior category. Book by June 30, 2016 for travel through October 31, 2016.
- Strawberry Hill: Travelers who book the Blue Mountain Bliss special will receive one free night when booking 3 or more nights. The package includes signature Blackwell Rum welcome cocktails, complimentary continental breakfast served on the guest’s veranda, and 30 minute sea salt foot bath and reflexology treatment per person at the Strawberry Hill Spa. Book by July 1, 2016 for travel through October 31, 2016 (blackout dates apply). Strawberry Hill features 12 cottage accommodations located in the heart of one of the world’s most famous coffee-producing mountain ranges, Jamaica’s Blue Mountains. Rates start at $295 per night.
- Idle Awhile: Located in Negril, this boutique hotel is offering a 5th night free special. Whether on the beach, the cliffs or tucked in a private oceanfront villa, Idle Awhile hotels is perfect for a low attitude idyllic Caribbean setting—for a tropical escape that will inspire you to return again and again. Book by September 30, 2016 for travel between August 10 to October 31, 2016 (blackout dates apply).
In addition, Jamaica officially opened the North-South link of Highway 2000 so visitors have more options for their arrival gateway. The highway also reduces travel time from Jamaica’s major tourist regions to Kingston, making for a great day trip to visit the famed Bob Marley museum, Port Royal or Devon House.