A Jamaica vacation has long satisfied the desires of the discerning traveler. The island’s culture, cuisine and charming people draw visitors from around the world. In addition to Jamaica’s varied luxury offerings, the island is home to affordable stays for guests of all tastes and budgets. From unmatched budget accommodations to value-added stays at high-end properties, travelers can enjoy savings for solo adventures, romantic getaways, family gatherings and every trip in between.
“Destination Jamaica attracts visitors who desire the best in hospitality, and our island offers a range of accommodations and experiences suited to everyone,” said Paul Pennicook, Jamaica’s Director of Tourism. “Whether visitors are looking for an eco-friendly property, a small inn, villa, an all-inclusive or a high-end experience, we invite travelers to come and explore the many value-added stays and packages that our hotels offer.”
Travelers to Jamaica can find a sample of these great offerings by exploring the following options:
A beyond-the-basics budget stay:
- Great Huts offers one of the most affordable stays in Jamaica and also provides a unique ecological and cultural vacation. The huts at the Boston Bay, Port Antonio property, on the island’s northeastern coast, start at just $35 a night for a single bed and $83 a night for a queen bed. The Granary, with a single bed for solo travelers, is a reproduction of an African millet seed silo, providing a truly one-of-a-kind experience for guests. The huts, made with natural elements like stone and bamboo, feature crushed limestone sand floors, shared bathrooms and murals by noted Jamaican artist Kingsley Thomas.
An authentic getaway for couples:
- Jakes Treasure Beach keeps the community at the center of its guest experience. The eco-friendly hotel on the island’s south coast introduces guests to the best of Jamaica with its farm to table dining experiences, wellness offerings and wildly unique rooms. Jakes is currently promoting its Fall Into Love package, with rooms starting at $95 per night, including continental breakfast for two. Couples looking to recharge and connect will find Jakes an ideal fit that is well below budget. The package is available for booking and travel through September 25, 2016.
An all-inclusive vacation:
- Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, in Ocho Rios, currently offers 20% off summer prices, with all-inclusive rates starting at $115 per person. An adults-only resort, Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa invites guests to slow down and indulge in unlimited libations and gourmet dining, while soaking up the sun and partaking in any number of water sports. These special rates are available for booking through September 2, 2016 and travel through September 6, 2016.
A family affair:
- The all-inclusive Sunscape Splash Montego Bay aims to bring out the inner kid in all its guests. Their Unlimited-Fun® program caters to the entire family, with kid-friendly menu options, daily land and water activities, live music and entertainment, the Explorer’s Club for kids ages 3 to 12 and the Core Zone Teens Club for teens ages 13 to 17. The property, on a secluded peninsula of Montego Bay, offers over 1,800 feet of powdery beach. With Sunscape’s Vacation Half Off sale, families can save up to 50% on their stay. This offer is available for booking now through October 25, 2016 for travel now until December 22, 2016.
Luxury for less:
- Guests will save up to 40% off at Half Moon, a 400-acre resort featuring two miles of private beach in Montego Bay. The luxurious property offers a wide variety of amenities and activities, including 54 swimming pools, water sports, an equestrian center (the only in Jamaica), a fitness center and the award-winning Fern Tree Spa. The recently-renovated Sugar Mill restaurant offers delectable Jamaican cuisine. Rates start at $479 per night. These rates are available for booking and travel through November 14, 2016.