Adventure World, a theme park featuring “Contact with Humans, Animals and Nature” in Shirahama, Wakayama Prefecture, western Japan, is publicly seeking the name of a female giant panda born onSept. 18 while showing her and her mother.
The baby panda has been growing steadily, receiving mother Rauhin’s lavish love. In view of smooth parenting, as seen with the baby steadily gaining weight, Adventure World has opened the mother and baby to the public, starting Oct. 1.
The park is also asking the public to name the giant panda in hope that the baby will grow into a giant panda loved by the public.
About opening of the baby giant panda to the public
- Opened: Oct. 1, 2016
- Time: 9:45 a.m. to 10:05 a.m. / 2:40 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Place: Breeding Center
- Mother Rauhin and her baby are shown together. Visitors will be able to see how the mother panda rears her baby.
- Time for public opening may change as the baby giant panda grows.
- Opening may be altered or canceled depending on the physical condition of the mother and baby.
About public request for naming the baby giant panda
Adventure World is publicly seeking the name of the baby giant panda which mother Rauhin gave birth to on Sept. 18, 2016. *One person can only apply once.
- Period: Oct. 1 to Nov. 30, 2016
- How to apply:
(1) Fill in on tablet or printed form available at the park
(2) Visit our website (http://pandababy-aws.com/) and fill in the form “Panda Baby’s Name Sought”
(3) Send mail (postcard)
– Selection: Adventure World will appoint a panel for choosing the baby panda’s name from applications.
– Announcement: Adventure World will make an announcement at the park and on the website.